Camera good yes or no?

Bobbman

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased used the HTC droid DNA. I am thinking about getting the new Verizon 928. I know the canera will be similar (if not exactly) the same as the 920.. Reading around the web I can not get a clear consensus about this camera in standard / outdoor lighting. The photo thread looks pretty good...but I do notice some of the blurriness in the outdoor pictures. Is that for everyone? Any tricks to alleviate it? I am an android fan boy, but I love a good camera more. I do not want a galaxy S4. I am in the mood to change it up for cameras sake (and to try a new operating system) ....just want to make sure I do not regret it. If the camera is great I know I can adjust to the windows phone. Thanks for any input.

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Everyone seems to have a differing opinion on this subject and results vary wildly. My specific 920 takes horribly blurry pictures no matter the conditions. My old iPhone 4 takes way better shots...and even they weren't that good. At least they were clearer.

Next opinion please! :)

SahilShah

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Everyone does have their own opinion, but I feel that being an ex-iPhone and Android user, the photos are better on the Lumia 920. Now, bear in mind that the 928 is supposed to have better flash, and camera improvements. Add that to the already stellar Lumia 920 camera, you, my friend, have a beautiful camera.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you the 920 takes the best video by far! As far as stills, its still incredible but yeh, it depends on who you ask.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 920 takes way better pictures than my previous phone (S3) and my wife's iPhone5. Haven't used an HTC device to compare though.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I would say the outdoor pics are really good. I was at a golf tournament last week and the dude I was riding with had a 4s and the Lumia was a bit sharper and very clear comparing. This subject os like battery life, if its bad you are going to let some one know about it.

Yev91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
With the L920, outdoor photos look great. They looks as if they were taken with a real camera. Low light is also good, however if there is any movement during low light you will have blurriness.

What I wish they would have done is auto focus on the go instead of focus only before taking the shot or holding the button (I have a case and its challenging to press and hold it). I also wish there was manual focus like the iPhone and Android has where you focus on one point before even taking the shot (for both video and photo) Here's what I mean Nokia N9 Camera Video Recording Test HD - YouTube
Watch first few seconds only.

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
MY still pictures ranking (phones I owned):
1. ) Nokia 808
2. ) iPhone 5
3. ) Galaxy S4
4. ) Lumia 920 (even with 1308 firmware lost detail/blurry)...wouldn't recommend it to someone who wants a good camera phone...the low light capability doesn't make up the daylight issue.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
With the L920, outdoor photos look great. They looks as if they were taken with a real camera. Low light is also good, however if there is any movement during low light you will have blurriness.

What I wish they would have done is auto focus on the go instead of focus only before taking the shot or holding the button (I have a case and its challenging to press and hold it). I also wish there was manual focus like the iPhone and Android has where you focus on one point before even taking the shot (for both video and photo) Here's what I mean Nokia N9 Camera Video Recording Test HD - YouTube
Watch first few seconds only.

You can set it so touching the screen activates the shutter.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Best camera phone I've ever use (or compare to). Even surpassed some compact cameras and now, it's officially my back up camera for landscape or family events beside my dSLR

cruzcat

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just check the sticky thread at the top titled "Show us your pictures/videos taken with the 920" to get a sampling of the type and quality of pics that can be taken with a 920. As with any camera some of it also depends on user skill. IMO 920 takes amazing pics and the low light capabilities are simply amazing once you get used to the focusing technique. I think the tap to focus is better than the camera button as the button induces shake esp at low shutter speeds.

Last edited:

Bobbman

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Wow...even this thread exemplifies the huge contrast of opinions about this camera. If you look at the S4 forums or the HTC One forums there is a much more clear view. Maybe they are biased...but the views is consistent for the most part. Are the cameras in the Nokia's just built inconsistently? Some good ones some bad ones? This just doesn't make sense to me. I really want to try Windows out but the camera thing is holding me back.

sjhippie

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Just check the sticky thread at the top titled "Show us your pictures/videos taken with the 920" to get a sampling of the type and quality of pics that can be taken with a 920. As with any camera some of it also depends on user skill. IMO 920 takes amazing pics and the low light capabilities are simply amazing once you get used to the focusing technique. I think the tap to focus is better than the camera button as the button induces shake esp at low shutter speeds.

This. I have been floored at how good the camera is. The thread above is what...92 pages long? While there may be some QC issues I think a good chunk of the issues are quite honestly in the hands of the user. I shoot pro video and photography and have been extremely happy with the quality. (just as a point of reference) Will it equal my $3500 MKiii? Nope, but then again this fits in my pocket. I find if I take a couple of seconds compose my shot and steady my hands, instead of just shooting willy nilly, I get very nice results... day or night. I bought this phone specifically for it's camera and have not been disappointed one bit. Of course your mileage may vary and there is always a window to return it if you don't like it.

Here are other examples:
Flickr: Nokia Lumia 920

Flickr: LUMIAgraphy

You can't tell me this is a crappy camera.

8716866772_fa659ac786_z.jpg
**Credit
Flickr: BP (We Are Juxt)'s Photostream

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes