My Lumia plague for the past week. texting/date and time issue

Nicholas Lamphier

May 24, 2013
Visit site
may seem strange, but for some reason, i receive message notifications. but the minute i go into the messaging hub, the message is no where to be found. now i did figure a way to solve this by setting the date to 2014, however by doing this my email, metrotube, and multimedia messaging functions will not work. (only by setting back to 2013 can i fix this, however it obviously takes away my messaging). Due to the fact that i no longer have insurance on my device, taking it to the store is no longer an option, ive tried soft resets but that does nothing, ive tried updates, but they are as well pointless. any clues as to why this problem is occuring and how i can fix it?

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Are you setting the date and time manually? I have had issues in the past with my 920 as well as my old iPhone when I set time manually. I think this was caused by the time on my phone being slightly different than the time on the server. I had ongoing problems with some news apps that would never pull down updated stories because the time on my phone was a few minutes ahead of their servers. Try setting your phone to automatically set time and date.

Nicholas Lamphier

May 24, 2013
Visit site
ive tried using the automatic function, but the problem persists where i'm incapable of reading, and seeing progress in my messaging threads. the only fix occurs with a manual time set to 2014 (rest of time and date is correct i.e. May, 24 2014)

Nicholas Lamphier

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I live in Michigan U.S. and i use AT&T. all of the messages that i receive are specifically stamped "2013" while the messages i send are only indicated by the time (implying its being sent in 2014) but like i said above, i can only see these messages when i have the date set to 2014. As i fear the lazy AT&T rep. would just reset my phone or request another via the mail. but the problem is my insurance just dropped me (last phone fell in the water). So heres the idea i had, the problem has to all be in my simcard at this point, cause no matter changes i make to the software of the phone the problem persists. so what im going to try is putting in an old simcard and activating that in hopes that the new card will be able to recognize the automatic function as being correct. if you have any other ideas please let me know. probably the most annoying thing right now is just how this all effects my calling, sms, multimedia messaging, email, and other forms of media.

On a different note, ive been carousing around and i can honestly not find a single damn case of this. tons of people have time and date issues, but its generally related to phone updates and some sync issues that are easily fixed. Only wish more people would take note of my problem for help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes