Calls abruptly ended by ear?

LatitudeZ

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi I've had this phone for 3 months and I love it more than my Nexus One (which is saying a lot)!

Apart from the "other storage problem" I have that eternally expands, I love this phone so much. However, there are some problems that drives me nuts. Throughout the 3 months I keep hanging up during phone calls abruptly because my ear hits the end call button. Sometimes it hits the speaker button. At first I thought it was a software issue but Rogers has releases the update to 1314 which is the latest. Then I thought it was the dust under FCC and proximity sensor but I regularly blow it out with compressed air. I still consistently have this problem. Before I do hard reset or send it back to the Nokia, has anyone else had this problem? I really dont want to send it to fix or hard reset.

On the side note, my phone reception sometimes also cuts off during normal non-call use. Like the symbol that shows no reception appears for 10 seconds and then comes back. I've had the same network and live in the same house but I never have that problem with my N1. Anyone else?

Thanks.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you have high sensitivity enabled? Disable it once and see if the same issue persists. I have certainly experienced this very few times but it is very random. My ear,being the friggin' huge things that they are, seemed to tap on the hold button.

Nope, the reception on my 920 has been stellar. I have been using Vodafone network for sometime now and the reception is way better than my old HTC desire, lumia 800 even.

nmilosevnm

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Or, when you start the call, press the power button, so screen turns off completely, no sensor responses.

As for reception, try to put your SIM inside another phone, so you can see if it is network problem.

Cheers.

LatitudeZ

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow thanks guys I never thought about the high sensitivity! I'll that out!
And if it doesn't work I could use the power off trick. I didn't know it turns off the sensor as well.

Thanks !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon