Using a higher ampere charger fix 920 battery issues?

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have 920 battery draining and/or overheating issues like many members of this forum. This is my second 920 with battery problems (have had 3 since launch). I've tried everything out there for any possible fixes to the battery draining, deleted apps etc. On my wits end with this - the battery ruined a perfect experience for me :/.

Well, my rant aside, does using a higher ampere charger alleviate the draining? I've read some users suggesting the chargers provided by Nokia (wireless: 0.7a & wired: 1a) are too week for the battery. I'm thinking this is a good reasoning as charging slowly causes heating and perhaps less chemical excitation in the batteries.

Couple of users suggested they have used higher ampere chargers (from S4 I believe) and their battery life is better.

Can anyone help me out here and tell me if this is true. I'm thinking about investing in a Blackberry Z10 charger...if that doesn't help, then I'm gonna say 'goodbye' to the 920.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
This is the first time I have heard anything like this. I can't imagine that charging faster (essentially what your saying) would somehow allow for larger capacity in the battery (which would hae to be true for it to get longer battery life I think).

This sounds more like wishful thinking but then again, I'm not an electrical engineer.

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
This is the first time I have heard anything like this. I can't imagine that charging faster (essentially what your saying) would somehow allow for larger capacity in the battery (which would hae to be true for it to get longer battery life I think).

This sounds more like wishful thinking but then again, I'm not an electrical engineer.

Well, a combination long charging times (2 hours wired) and heating and/or poor heat dissipation while charging, might be it. The 920 is equipped to take in ratings up to 2A, so I'm gonna try it most likely. The battery on the Z10 is 1800 mAh and the charger has an exact rating of 1.8A...means it'll get charged in an hour. Wonder why Nokia didn't include a higher rating charger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon