lumia 920 was wet now screen does not turn on but the phone yes

Jose Palmar

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
my mom accidentally dip my phone and let it dry after a few hours in the sun, the screen does not turn on, but the phone yes (the phone vibrates and after a few seconds the computer recognizes it as "nokia bootmgr" ), I have completely disassembled the phone and just connect the display, battery, usb port, now I get the error "nokia bootmgr " but the screen does not turn, the phone is completely dry and the display also
any ideas?...

I am currently downloading the firmware to flash but I'm not sure that's the problem of the screen :crying:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well first thing, do not dry the phone under the sun or any heat source directly, it might damage the screen and i guess that's what has happened in your case. I had once dripped my L900 but after drying it naturally it came up within a few hours...

...best of luck w/ the flashing, i would suggest sending it to Nokia though...

Jose Palmar

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
the screen was not in the sun, only the circuit board and I cant the phone does not have warranty and we do not have nokia care in my country :(

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Best treatment after a phone gets wet is to place it in a bag of rice, seal the bag and leave it for a day or two. The rice will absorb all the moisture from the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon