Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arielwp

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to flash ATT Lumia 920 with amber

Man this update when u have the rogers in step 8 literally takes forever. just waiting for the phone to check for updates took like 10 minutes.

Anyway, right now its installing this new update and then ill proceed.. but I have a little issue in the screen, like a vertical cyan line between the Back and Windows buttons.. some people said it's a hardware problem so should it disappear when im installing new ROMs? cuz it hasnt..
ps It didnt happen now , i had it alreay but i thought this ROM change would solve it

Last edited:

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Man this update when u have the rogers in step 8 literally takes forever. just waiting for the phone to check for updates took like 10 minutes.

Anyway, right now its installing this new update and then ill proceed.. but I have a little issue in the screen, like a vertical cyan line between the Back and Windows buttons.. some people said it's a hardware problem so should it disappear when im installing new ROMs? cuz it hasnt..
ps It didnt happen now , i had it alreay but i thought this ROM change would solve it

If its a hardware problem, a software change won't fix it. If it at&t, its probably still under warranty and you should get it replaced

arielwp

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

If its a hardware problem, a software change won't fix it. If it at&t, its probably still under warranty and you should get it replaced
I know, but I thought messing with the rom might solve it..
u are probably right about the warranty, my only problem is that I don't live in the USA , that's why I really hoped this to fix it.
Haven't u heard about this problem? I've heard many people has it

Anyway dude this flash worked great! Thanks bro��

lumia920yay

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I was able to repair more than 1 lumia 920 from at&t using nokia care suite....I then updated the OTA so it's up to date. But ever since, I am not able to use nokia care suite any longer to try and flash to rogers or anything. Even flashing back to what I first used does not work. I get "Invalid response from device, incorrect message id"....

Edit: Problem solved. I unplugged the phone and tried to start the flash then it I put it in and it mentioned it was the wrong product code or whichever....and I said yah flash it....

So now I have 2 options? Either keep updating OTA wirelessly....or flash to 821....pros and cons of doing each?

Last edited:

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed my Internet sharing no longer works on the dev rom. It givers me the call 611 message.

I wonder if AT&T somehow caught on?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
weird.. Mine still works fine. Have you changed the access point settings at all?

I have the following choices with the LTE 2 being the one selected:
AT&T 3G
AT&T - LTE 1 - Lumia
AT&T - LTE 2 - Lumia

I may have switched it to LTE 1 and back to see what it does.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the following choices with the LTE 2 being the one selected:
AT&T 3G
AT&T - LTE 1 - Lumia
AT&T - LTE 2 - Lumia

I may have switched it to LTE 1 and back to see what it does.
I think that will do it and disable tethering. I also believe Juan wrote that you may have to factory reset your phone to get it back and that reinstalling the Spanish keyboard will not be sufficient. Read step 12 of his first post.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I think that will do it and disable tethering. I also believe Juan wrote that you may have to factory reset your phone to get it back and that reinstalling the Spanish keyboard will not be sufficient. Read step 12 of his first post.

Indeed, changing the access point settings after the initial setup will disable the tethering until you factory reset the phone.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, there goes my curiosity getting me in trouble.

I think I'm going to jump on the 1520 when it comes out. So there will probably be no long term use for me anyway.

jbatacan

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
This update worked flawlessly, and if you wanted to add a step for windows 7 users. All i did differently was when you get your files for the roms, i left mine unzipped in the desktop, and just redirected NCS to look on my desktop, and when i hit update, the files showed up. Other than that everything worked great! thanks!

anon(344696)

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
After flashing my Lumia 920 to the portico ROM, it no longer connects to the product support tool. It says usb: failed to connect, under the DTL connection drop down menu. Is there any way to revert back to the stock AT&T ROM after changing your device to RM-821 and updating to the French ROM?

pantsaregood

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
About to give up on AT&T and flash the AT&T Dev ROM to my Lumia 920. I'm comfortable with flashing the device, but is it possible to flash back to a standard ROM afterwards? The fact that the Dev ROM isn't a general release ROM makes me worry that updating to it will leave me at a dead end. Updating WP8 isn't as simple as WP7 was - you could push any update package to any WP7 device, including the prerelease devices. The way WP8 updates are packaged is very different, so I want to be sure I can get back to some standard (not necessarily stock AT&T) ROM in the event that there are no further developer ROM releases.

pmc64

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I was unable to go back after I flashed the att dev rom. Pre Portico won't load anymore. There's only 12 more days left in the month and it was said to be released by the end of September.

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I was unable to go back after I flashed the att dev rom. Pre Portico won't load anymore. There's only 12 more days left in the month and it was said to be released by the end of September.

the ATT dev rom should obviously receive faster future updates than your stock rom, I see no reason as to why not just flash it and be happy when you receive GDR3 first :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon