Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I was running rm 821 on my at&t L920. I updated the phone to cyan thru ota. Now the phone cannot connect to LTE. Anyone experience the same thing?
I'm in the same boat...guess there's a reason why AT&T is still testing Cyan.
I lost LTE after flashing from Rogers to French (mostly because I wanted Cyan), then I went back to Rogers in an effort to get LTE back...no dice. Now I'm on the ATT Dev Rom and still suffering.
Curiosity killed the cat :(

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat...guess there's a reason why AT&T is still testing Cyan.
I lost LTE after flashing from Rogers to French (mostly because I wanted Cyan), then I went back to Rogers in an effort to get LTE back...no dice. Now I'm on the ATT Dev Rom and still suffering.
Curiosity killed the cat :(

I think some people got it back in the thread I linked above or something. the reason is for inherent differences in the ROM. but ROGERS released it sooner, so AT&T is just being slow, although theyre the only carrier to release 8.1 to any of their phones yet.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I think some people got it back in the thread I linked above or something. the reason is for inherent differences in the ROM. but ROGERS released it sooner, so AT&T is just being slow, although theyre the only carrier to release 8.1 to any of their phones yet.

Yeah, I've been following that thread and waiting for someone to report getting LTE back on an AT&T branded phone. Hopefully it's possible.

IceCake

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone if using this method for getting the gdr2 update would have any negative effect on obtaining the Cyan 8.1 update for my Lumia 920? I've been trying to put Cyan on the phone and it's just not working. Do I have to flash the phone back to the original rom first? And yes, I do have the devs preview on the phone.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone if using this method for getting the gdr2 update would have any negative effect on obtaining the Cyan 8.1 update for my Lumia 920? I've been trying to put Cyan on the phone and it's just not working. Do I have to flash the phone back to the original rom first? And yes, I do have the devs preview on the phone.

No, it would however, change the source where the update comes from, which CAN have a negative effect (if you say flash to ROGERS but they decide to no longer push updates), but if you choose the French CV you'll be fine.
Don't think flashing back to the original ROM is necessary.

IceCake

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for you quick reply Xandros9 :)

As I mention before, I used the flashing method in this article earlier on when I first got my Lumia 920, to obtain the GDR2 update, and now I've tried to use NSRT to obtain Cyan while having the Devs Preview installed. I'm on a 64bit Windows 7 (Sp1) Home Premium PC. What could be the problem?

Note: I tried to attach screenshots of the errors, but the site won't let me due to lack of post counts. Anyway, the main errors I get are "0x80131500 Software installed has failed, you may try to recover or cancel". Also, "Phone Not Supported". Any ideas of what could be causing these, and what I could try? Thanks. :)

chinthaka krishan

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
why are u flashing the at&t phone for two times,why cant u flash the phone and directly install amber rom......

by the way at&t rom can be downloaded using "nokia software updater for retail".

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

luckysingh111

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. i just want to flash my lumia 920 rm821 to rogers rm 820 because i have no static ip option in my lumia and rogers have it for a long time. Is it possible to do so? Because when i try to flash it directly to rogers rom via nokia care suit it gives error message "0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device." I am on windows phone 8.1 denim update.
any help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon