Which unlock 920 to buy Rogers or ATT?

knowname

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi in my area Tmo has lte on the 1900. I have been lots or reading and decided to get an unlocked 920 so that I can access lte speeds.

Is it better to buy the att unlocked version of the 920 or the rogers version?

I am also wondering is it possible to have a totally smooth experience with an unlocked 920 on tmo lte if you are always in the 1900 area?

I thought I might have read how some people with the 920 are only getting lte or edge speeds and not able to go the hspa+, nor Hspa. Also some people not getting the mms messaing or wi fi singals or internet sharing.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi in my area Tmo has lte on the 1900. I have been lots or reading and decided to get an unlocked 920 so that I can access lte speeds.

Is it better to buy the att unlocked version of the 920 or the rogers version?

I am also wondering is it possible to have a totally smooth experience with an unlocked 920 on tmo lte if you are always in the 1900 area?

I thought I might have read how some people with the 920 are only getting lte or edge speeds and not able to go the hspa+, nor Hspa. Also some people not getting the mms messaing or wi fi singals or internet sharing.

recently got an unlocked 920 ATT (using on TMo) and well.. the network connection seems to be a bit inconsistent and unstable coz i live in a refarmed 4G area.. sometimes it will switch to E (Edge) to 4G to LTE. I work in Wash DC and as of right now, it's pretty stable on LTE.

Not sure about the unlocked 920 Rogers, pretty sure some could validate this.

MyThIc3LiTe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Rogers.

Pentaband phone when unlocked, accepts European Dev firmware with all 3G/4G and LTE bands intact.

I just flashed my Rogers device with a Euro Dev Amber firmware without any issues.

knowname

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
From the reading I have done, it seems that people in the DC area have been reporting the same thing you said. I am in New England (though I travel down D.C. often). Wondering what experience others are having.

recently got an unlocked 920 ATT (using on TMo) and well.. the network connection seems to be a bit inconsistent and unstable coz i live in a refarmed 4G area.. sometimes it will switch to E (Edge) to 4G to LTE. I work in Wash DC and as of right now, it's pretty stable on LTE.

Not sure about the unlocked 920 Rogers, pretty sure some could validate this.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
From the reading I have done, it seems that people in the DC area have been reporting the same thing you said. I am in New England (though I travel down D.C. often). Wondering what experience others are having.

Yup.. whenever i get to DC i get LTE... at home (Northern VA) switches to E > 4G (for the most part).. hardly get LTE for some odd reason.. it's a bit annoying but doesn't bother me much. Wonder if the GDR2 / Amber update will enhance network connectivity.. i highly doubt it though.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Get the Rogers version. I have one and get LTE in several areas (I'm in Queens, NYC). I only go back down to E minimally, when there's no LTE when I set my highest connection speed to that, but it usually will revert to 4G and not stay on E very long. With the Rogers version, you're sure to at the very least get steady 4G speeds and LTE whenever you're in a refarmed area. With the AT&T version, it can be sketchy, depending on your location.

knowname

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I just visited my local tmobile store and ran the network speed test app on my tmo 8x and then I ran it on the tmo 925. My 8x got download speed of 9-10mbps. The 925 got download speed of 30-31 mbps. WOW. I tell you what looking at the nice screen the lightning quick internet, I might just drop the cash on a 925 and be done with it. If I know for sure the 920 will be as fast the 925 on tmo lte, I would get the 920 but I just don't know for certain.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I just visited my local tmobile store and ran the network speed test app on my tmo 8x and then I ran it on the tmo 925. My 8x got download speed of 9-10mbps. The 925 got download speed of 30-31 mbps. WOW. I tell you what looking at the nice screen the lightning quick internet, I might just drop the cash on a 925 and be done with it. If I know for sure the 920 will be as fast the 925 on tmo lte, I would get the 920 but I just don't know for certain.

4G LTE full connectivity really depends on where you're at... i'm just second guessing that if you're device is LTE capable and you're in the area that does not support it - well ya know. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon