Do you get store apps notification updates after installing Rogers Amber ?

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Before Amber, my Rogers unlocked L920 was on portico and had store notification problems. Once in a while, I had to delete the store tile from my start screen then delete the history in Internet Explorer, restart the phone and reinstall the store tile on the start screen for updates to show up.

Then I was tired of waiting for the Amber update so I flashed my phone with the Euro DEV ROM and had no problems with the store apps updates. I would get 1 or 2 updates showing up on the tile almost everyday.

Once the Amber update was available for Rogers devices, I flashed my phone back with the original Rogers portico firmware and then updated it to the Amber update OTA.
And, since then (more or less 5 days ago...), I haven't received a single update notification on the store tile.

Now, I know NOKIA music just updated their app today but I don't want to go check with the phone as the update is gonna show up automatically on the store tile after I manually check for it. I'm waiting for it to show up by itself like it's supposed to do.
But, I think the store notification is still broken on this Amber installation.

Anybody with the same problems?

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
wait till tmr to see if the update comes through. it does not happen instantly.

I'll do it. But the thing is, I have other apps installed and, after 5 days still no updates notifications.... When I used to receive notifications almost every day....

It doesn't look good ....

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I flashed mine with the cv French ROM. I haven't had any app notifications either, I also get no Whatsapp notifications. Both worked fine before. Maybe that's one of the reasons why Nokia pulled the initial firmware update which appeared on their servers briefly. As soon as the UK country variable firmware comes out I'll re-flash my 920. Taking forever though!

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I still get store notifications when there are updates to apps I have. I had two just this morning.

Ok. Maybe my other apps are all up-to-date.

Like ttsoldier suggested, I'll wait 'til tomorrow for the Nokia Music update but if I don't get any notifications by tomorrow, I'll know for sure my store app is broken...:unhappy:

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I just got the nokia music update on the store tile.

Lumia 920. Rogers. Unlocked. Amber.

Thanks! Just checked my phone and got 2 updates (Nokia Music and Photofunia)

YEAAAAH! :excited:

Everything is working as it should !!! Got a little scared but everything is fine now ...

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine usually come in the middle of the night, kind of like a kid who waits for their parents to go to sleep then sneaks down to the kitchen to grab a cookie.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon