I want to know your thoughts on the 920

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I'm looking between the 920 and 1020. It's really a toss up, I have just seen the recent article comparing the 920/925/1020 and for me the picture comparison isn't that big of a deal. I've handled a 920 before (and actually owned one for a few days), and with my recent upgrade of Windows 8 for my PC, and seeing that I'll be going Xbox One, and I've been holding out for a Surface Pro 2, I suppose now is the time to finish the integration with a good solid Windows Phone.

Let me know what you think of the 920. Personal opinions, quirks, issues, lay them all out (Little things like Ecosystem for apps aren't big to me, I owned a BlackBerry Q10, I know the feeling.)

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I lov 920. All applications that use is in the market, even for work like Citrix. It has Office tools also. The kids corner hub stop the kids messing with my phone. The people hub gives me a quick review with some functionalities without open the social apps. Integrated message center. After one year I still in lov.
Today, I would go for the 1020 because of the super camera...

Baryex86

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Good, solis phone. Some of them had battery issues when first batch came out, but its a lot better now. Battery last 12+ hours regularly and I use Twitter, Spotify and email regularly. Camera is awesome, picture are great and videos are excellent. Apps are there, some of them need polishing but its ok. I would recommend a good case, I have the otter box. Phone basically looks brand new. SkyDrive and office documents are excellent for on the go edit's. Its a great phone, I would go for 1020 because of better camera. Hope this helps

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
General consensus I'm getting from other places is to hold out for a 1020 as well (still waiting for it here in Canada)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Love my 920, solid phone and built to last. Being a fellow Canadian and the announcement of $200 for 2 yr on 1020...id say wait for the 41mp. I love the camera on this phone, and if the 1020 takes pictures like I've seen its totally worth the wait. My 2 cents

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend the 920 to anyone; best phone I've ever owned and the GDR2/Amber package has only made it better. It's a fantastic device and even with WP8.1 (when it is released) on this hardware will be fantastic. However if the 1020 is an option there's no reason to get the 920 - if you are willing to wait, go for the 1020, if you need a phone now, the 920 is your bet. Both are solid phones and you can't go wrong with either of them.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
With the release of the 1020, you don't want to get the 920. Yes the 920 is still a great handset but its not getting any younger. In tech years the 920 already been to the senior prom and don't have as much hair as it used to. Get the 1020.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
920 is awesome for me, but I still want the 1020 and its amazing pictures. I cannot even put 920 and 1020 pictures side by side and say they are almost the same quality, 1020 is miles ahead.I too think 920 is getting old now, almost a year since it was launched. Get the 1020 or wait for the new bunch of humongous devices to be released.

glidingsideways

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I like the 920, but I will just tell you a few warnings. Their seems to be a batch of 920's that scratch very easily. My screen just from putting it into my pocket has all sorts of little scratches on it. I dropped the phone twice from about 3 feet and it scratched up pretty bad. Some people say they cannot scratch the screen if they try. My Samsung Focus S was indestructible. I dropped it down flights of stairs, I even demoed the build quality by throwing it across a table and onto a floor without a case. The only other thing I will say not so much about the 920 but the windows phone 8 system is that xbox music is not nearly as effective as the zune software was. There are key features like blocking calls and no choices to block private numbers and a variety of other things like volume control for specific apps or phone settings that are not there. You only have in ear voice volume and system volume which controls everything else.. The 920 also at randomly turns your device down to around 15 at random. The OS still needs a lot of work. My friends have Galaxy S3's not even S4's and the features are over abundant compared to the 920 and I am not talking about apps. However I still have faith they will get the software updated to more suitable settings in the next 6 months or so. Also if your an AT@T customer we are still waiting or the GDDR2/Amber update...while everyone else seems to have it. Or most places. I do like the phone I am mostly disappointed with xbox music because to me it was down grade from my windows phone 7.5/7.8 device.

John Lamoureux

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I have both a 920 and 1020 on AT&T. LOVE the camera and screen on the 1020, but everything else about the 920 wins hands down IMO. The wireless charging cover just doesn't feel right ln the 1020, and I've become accustomed to the size/weight of the 920. Love the glossy finish (white) over matte (yellow). Now if I could only get GDR2...

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my 920 right now. I absolutely love this phone. I actually just bought it on eBay. Its solid, smooth, and holds so well in the hand. I have a cyan blue one and its so sexy. I like the 1020 too and I'd get one if I could but I'm in contract and don't have $500 to spare. Either way you're good but if you don't care about the camera 920 is great. But if I had the money I'd probably splurg for the 1020.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'd say it was dependent on your life expectancy for the phone. You're buying this now, and when do you plan on getting another(if ever)? If you feel like you'll want an 8.1 phone when they come out next year, I'd say go for the 920 since you can most likely get it much cheaper that the 1020.But if you plan on keep the phone for awhile, then I'd go with the 1020 just cause it is technically a better phone.

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it was dependent on your life expectancy for the phone. You're buying this now, and when do you plan on getting another(if ever)? If you feel like you'll want an 8.1 phone when they come out next year, I'd say go for the 920 since you can most likely get it much cheaper that the 1020.But if you plan on keep the phone for awhile, then I'd go with the 1020 just cause it is technically a better phone.

Well I was mainly BlackBerry till they announced they're pulling out of the consumer market, so I'll probably go back to my phone jumping. However it may just be jumping between windows phone devices. Bored of iPhone and unless you have a nexus device like this nexus 4 android is boring. Samsung is so uptight they've gone as far as disabling OTA software updates if you modify the device in any way.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes