Lumia 920 battery life worse after Amber

AnirudhG

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Before I installed the Amber update on my lumia, my battery life was way better. I used to get around 1.5 days of battery life with low usage (3-4 hours talktime, 1-2 hours wifi on, 1-2 hours of video playback, 1 hour gaming). But after I have installed, I get a constant battery discharge rate of 3.5 % even if i am not doing anything. It's highly annoying as I had felt that Nokia/Microsoft had to improve the battery life and Amber is just worsening it. I read a few posts here how it has helped out people here so I am confused on why it isn't happening for me.

I have disabled glance, double click to unlock, only allow one battery app to run in the background task everything else is disabled, nokia drive,location,nfc etc all disabled.

AnirudhG

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah tried restarting the phone, did the soft reset. Another thing which I see to notice, is that if I restart the phone, the battery drops a few percent more (e.g from 94 to 88 percent).
Earlier, I used to have like 0.5 % per hour discharge rate, nowadays it's never lower than 3 % per hour.

monte0

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed this too...I turned off a lot of location and set my email to sync every 2 hours and that helped. Also, I removed the glance background but let glance on and that helped some too

AnirudhG

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have disabled glance. I am at a loss to figure out why I am having a constant battery discharge of 3-4 % despite not using the phone. My data connection/Wifi is not switched on either.
As for the email sync, yes I hadn't disabled that, I have changed the sync settings to daily now,so let's see if that helps out. Although, since my data connection/wifi is not switched on I don't see how it would have made such a large difference.

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a worse problem than you I am spending appx 10 - 12% per hour even with data switched off.
I believe we might need to reflash because in my case a reset did not help, did another one and still the same.

AnirudhG

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't really want to flash my phone. I bought it in US and am in India now, so if there's a warranty issue there will be problems and Nokia service centers here are pretty bad. I will just wait till Bittersweet Shimmer and hope that, that particular update will improve the battery life.
I was disappointed with the battery life of the phone since the time I bought it. Having used Nokia before (X6) which had a pretty decent battery life, I expected something of the same with the Lumia 920 too. Also the fact that once I bought this phone, Nokia came out with 928.925,1020 in quick succession lol, making my phone an old flagship in no time.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I turned off wifi, changed background tasks to none except for Bing Sports and Bing Weather, and made sure my email was set to refresh when mail was received.

I then rebooted my phone and my battery is now as it was before the update. Perhaps the wifi is what was causing the accelerated drain?

Aldi Ducon

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
my 920 is different because after i finally install the amber update my phone's battery life was longer..
besides my glance screen was on tap to unlock and 2 apps i approved in background task.
and it last 3 days with low-usage, and 12 of wifi, and 4 hours of gaming depends to the games.
spectral souls 4 hours not bad.

Edward Rychwalski

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a worse problem than you I am spending appx 10 - 12% per hour even with data switched off.
I believe we might need to reflash because in my case a reset did not help, did another one and still the same.

i am suddenly experiencing the same problem. i cant even charge my phone all the way, cant get it above 60% or so over night. not sure of the issue

i need to do some testing to see if i can pinpoint the problem.

it totally sucks though regardless.

AnirudhG

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't use 4G. Even in airplane mode it doesn't last more than 25-28 hours. Pre-Amber it used to stay on for like 35-40 hours. I have tried everything, doesn't work. Just waiting for Black(GDR3) in January 2014,when I hope AT&T release the update and see if that improves the battery life.

Bull1shbuy3r

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
god, I'm glad I did not update! my battery is still absolute rubbish and will INCREASE after I reboot the phone (I'm talking big increases like 30-50%) I will update in january hopefully to wp8.1 and if that doesn't solve theproblem I'll ditch my wp and buy a googl edition android or yet another iphone, this is fukcing unacceptable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon