Wireless Emergency Alerts for AT&T 920

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know this so just posting incase others haven't noticed it either. WEA has been enabled by the GDR2/Amber updates for the 920. Go to Settings > Messaging > Emergency Alerts if you wanted to play with those settings.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Thx for info. Think I'll pass though. I don't need an alert every time a little girls cat runs up a tree and gets stuck.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Thx for info. Think I'll pass though. I don't need an alert every time a little girls cat runs up a tree and gets stuck.

Thats probably the worst reply i have ever seen on a thread. When your child gets abducted and the one person that may have seen the ahole that abducted her didn't get the alert because he didn't want to be bothered, you may think differently.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

I keep forgetting that the majority of posters here are young teens on their mommies phone plans so it's ok if they have the emergency alerts turned off. After all they would probably wet themselves if ever presented with a real emergency. Don't worry, the rest of us will handle it and tell you everything is ok when it's over.

Last edited:

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Thats probably the worst reply i have ever seen on a thread. When your child gets abducted and the one person that may have seen the ahole that abducted her didn't get the alert because he didn't want to be bothered, you may think differently.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge. I thought about turning it off. If it's my kid, a families kid, Friends kid, and maybe even somebody living in the community's kid. I hear about it first from texts or word of mouth before an Amber Alert is made... One of the many advantages of living in a small, close-nit community.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck