Lumia 920 Music Volume 30/30 = ipod at 10/30 or 15/30

cappernought

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
This has been an issue for me for the past 3 Lumias I have owned. I have reset the phone many times to no avail. Listening to music whether it be video/youtube, pandora, mp3 or FM radio is the equivalent to my ipod volume set to half way. It is quite frustrating and is making me consider switching from windows phone which is a shame since I quite like it. I read that this could be due to EU regulations dealing with audio volume but I live in the United States and bought it here through my ATT carrier. I am not an EU citizen so I don't think that is the reason. My lumia 900 had the same issue and hoped my 920 would not be the same. Is anyone else having this problem?

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm not happy with the volume on my 920 either. Calls are ok at around 20 and my plantronics Bluetooth headset maxed out. Without my headset, I have to go almost to max to hear. Music is worse and podcasts the worst. When connected to my car via audio cable I have the car stereo almost maxed out to hear podcasts. When the phone makes any system sounds I'm just about blown out of the car. Some sort of standard volume is needed to match up the various sources and some additional room for more volume on the device is needed.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it's the Snapdragon SoC. My friend has a Nexus 4 that has the Snapdragon S4 and he complains about how he has to turn it to almost max volume whereas his old iPhone he only had the volume about halfway.

That being said, how loud are you guys listening to music? I only need to go about 18. If I had to listen to 30/30 for awhile I'm pretty sure my hearing would deteriorate.

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going to 30 on music but definitely have to go up a bit from the normal level for system sounds. Its mostly podcasts that I have to max out. Some more than others. Cat Talk is very low while What the Tech isn't too bad. For the most part the blame falls on the third party that produces the podcast. Most are recorded at a level that is too low. Having separate volume for different sources would solve it. And a little more volume on the high end would be good as well. I also notice my speakerphone isn't as loud or clear as my wife's iPhone 4s.

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I initially felt the same but I have the purity pros and while not super loud per say, the noise cancellation more than makes up for it. My ears don't get as strained as they used to from all the loudness.

But I can certainly understand the frustration...another example of the limitations imposed by wp. If people want to go deaf they should be free to do so, lol.

But when you have quiet podcasts or tracks...yeah...major frustration!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon