L920 Pro Cam Manual Focus to Infinity problem

wezil18

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I am loving the Pro Cam, but I recently found a problem with the manual focus...when I use manual and set it all the way up to infinity distance, really far away objects are actually out of focus. The shot actually seems to focus on subjects ~10 feet in front, and happens with both image and video capture. Not sure if this is supposed to happen or not.

In the image samples (went to Sea World recently haha), the first one is a snapshot of a video taken with manual focus at infinity. Notice it seems to be focused on the crowd's heads two or three rows in front instead of the whales. The second is a picture taken with auto focus. Same problem with the second set of images.

Image1.jpg
WP_20131130_11_40_06_Pro.jpg

Set 2
Image2.jpg
WP_20131130_12_03_27_Pro.jpg

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
known problem at least you now know. I only use manual focus for close-up and times when I don't want to use focus light when it's dark.

wezil18

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Yea macro focus is great, and autofocus is just fine for pictures. I'd like to use manual focus for videos though. I notice it has a tendency to autofocus in and out unnecessarily even in ideal conditions.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Yea macro focus is great, and autofocus is just fine for pictures. I'd like to use manual focus for videos though. I notice it has a tendency to autofocus in and out unnecessarily even in ideal conditions.

Nokia Camera Video is pretty basic, even built in has WB adjustment and you can turn off Continuous Focus,

Samsungs ATIV doesn't have manual focus but it does have all this
•White Balance: Choose from Auto, Cloudy, Daylight, Fluorescent, or Tungsten (formerly incandescent).
•Effects: Select image effects to change the resulting video. Examples of image effects are:
Mono for black-and-white images;
Negative for a film negative; and
Sepia for an old video with reddish-brown tones.
•Contrast: Turn the auto contrast feature On or OFF (default).
•Saturation: Adjust the intensity of the hues in your videos. Choose from +2.0 to -2.0.
•Sharpness: Adjust the crispness of your videos. Choose from +2.0 to -2.0.
•Video Resolution: Your video camera supports video sizes from VGA (640x480) up to HD (1920x1080) (default).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes