Battery App showing how many mAh is being charged WP8 Lumia 920

samnokiauser

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
There's an android app called "Battery Monitor Widget" that shows how many mAh the phone is being charged at the time. I'm interested in this because I recently purchased a better car charger for our LG G2 android phone than the free one it came with, and noticed a big difference in the speed the phone charges. Our free car charger is 700mAh and the new car charger is 2100. I've since purchased a shorter high performance USB cable and replaced the generic cable we were using with the new car charger and again there is a difference.

I've been looking for a similar Windows 8 battery app because I'd like to perform the same tests on my Lumia 920.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Impossible. Apps don't see the actual battery capacity or even the drain, they can only show the percentage.. Apps that say how much mAh you got only take the device ID and return the norm capacity..

samnokiauser

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
the app i mentioned does have this feature. not sure why you would say impossible. you can check out the app yourself if you have multiple phones. the number does fluctuate live, even when you change cables it refreshes, this is on an lg g2. the blackberry usb cable was getting 800mah while the high speed one and the one that came with it were doing 1500-1600mah. but like i said the number does go up and down. all 3 cables were being used by the same wall charger.

anyways i was hoping to see the same impossible app for wp8.

samnokiauser

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
next time ur giving advice u might wanna mentioned it's impossible for a WP8 PHONE to be able to send the info back and blah blah blah... seeing how i specifically mentioned the app's name, the app's OS ANDROID, and the fact that i would like to have the same type of APP in my WINDOWS LUMIA PHONE!

The vague statement that "Impossible. Apps don't see the actual battery capacity or even the drain, they can only show the percentage.. Apps that say how much mAh you got only take the device ID and return the norm capacity.." says nothing about the OS. You just generalize "apps" this means NO APP can do this.... not WP8 cant do this... u understand now where u went totally and ignorantly wrong?

I don't really care if that other post is just ur second account to make urself seem less dumb or if it's an actual person who somehow understood psychically that u mean only WP8 phones but i don't believe either post is being helpful to me. Neither read what i said... neither understood what I said.... neither answered back properly.... seems to be a waste of time to me.

IF anyone actually finds me an answer that actually knows what they are talking about I would appreciate it.

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
next time ur giving advice u might wanna mentioned it's impossible for a WP8 PHONE to be able to send the info back and blah blah blah... seeing how i specifically mentioned the app's name, the app's OS ANDROID, and the fact that i would like to have the same type of APP in my WINDOWS LUMIA PHONE!

The vague statement that "Impossible. Apps don't see the actual battery capacity or even the drain, they can only show the percentage.. Apps that say how much mAh you got only take the device ID and return the norm capacity.." says nothing about the OS. You just generalize "apps" this means NO APP can do this.... not WP8 cant do this... u understand now where u went totally and ignorantly wrong?

I don't really care if that other post is just ur second account to make urself seem less dumb or if it's an actual person who somehow understood psychically that u mean only WP8 phones but i don't believe either post is being helpful to me. Neither read what i said... neither understood what I said.... neither answered back properly.... seems to be a waste of time to me.

IF anyone actually finds me an answer that actually knows what they are talking about I would appreciate it.

With that attitude, you are going to find it a lot harder to get help. He was only trying to clarify to you. Yes, his wording of the sentence could be better, but there is no need to bash him and the next fellow who actually clarified the mistake.

And no, it is not currently possible for any app in WP to do that, since there is no direct access to detailed battery info. Only the percentage battery remaining and charging status is accessible through the OS. Hence it is not possible to develop such an app currently.

There are some apps which can estimate charging speed, but all are based on percentage data not mAh.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
"I've been looking for a similar Windows 8 battery app because I'd like to perform the same tests on my Lumia 920",

this is why he said impossible..., no need to get hostile. That poster reply was correct in the way it was worded.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the entertainment! :D And no, I only have one account here.. Sorry to disappoint you. Since you wanted to know if it's possible on a windows phone, it is impossible.

candl

May 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking for an app like this too.
My Lumia will give me a warning if the charging rate is too low. So, it's measuring the charging rate in some way. Surely there are apps that tap into that ability; anybody know where they are?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon