Hi guys, i have a lumia 920 when i charge the phone,it heats up and if i make a phone call during charging, the battery level drains!!! Is this normal???? The battery charging icon blinks but i don't know somehow the battery level goes down. Pls is there any solution for this? Btw, i have a 620 too but i have no problems there. 620's battery increases even if i play games. Why is this? Please do help me.
    03-15-2014 05:43 PM
    Call Nokiacare and talk with them. Sounds unusual to me unless you're not using the original charger.
    03-15-2014 09:18 PM
    Thanks for trying to help me out. The phone gets extremely HOT when i play games. Yes i use the original charger that came with the phone.
    03-19-2014 11:07 AM
    Hi guys, i have a lumia 920 when i charge the phone,it heats up and if i make a phone call during charging, the battery level drains!!! Is this normal???? The battery charging icon blinks but i don't know somehow the battery level goes down. Pls is there any solution for this? Btw, i have a 620 too but i have no problems there. 620's battery increases even if i play games. Why is this? Please do help me.
    This is normal and you should not make a call or play games while charging.
    03-19-2014 01:31 PM
    Agreed - normal. The phone is burning more energy than it is taking in, so it will get hot and the battery will drain. Apps like navigator gps map apps - these are set up and configured in the hopes that the burn of energy will be out weighed by what is going in - hence fill or charge the battery while plugged into a car or something... Depending on how well it is configured, that is the case. But not always
    03-19-2014 01:38 PM
    Ok... But 10 mins.of game doesn't make the battery level go down from 99% to 88% and just after that i rebooted my device and guess what? it was 34%. I don't know what to do.
    03-19-2014 02:23 PM
    Hmmmm.... Try get it looked at by a technician? Depending on the game the battery will get demolished... But what u describe, turning it off and back on; defective battery perhaps?
    03-19-2014 04:51 PM
    Thanks for trying to help me out. The phone gets extremely HOT when i play games. Yes i use the original charger that came with the phone.
    I get the same when playing games.. few mins in and I will notice the heat through my case. As far as I know its normal, I have had mine since launch and its always been like this. As for charging, is it wired ? as Wireless can cause it to heat up, not so sure about wired (my personal experience is wired doesn't but wireless does). The drain sounds like you need to speak to NokiaCare as realwarder said above.
    03-19-2014 04:57 PM
    Yes i shall try to get it checked.
    Last edited by bel b; 03-20-2014 at 07:54 AM.
    03-19-2014 05:07 PM
    This is totally weird. I just hard reset my phone and the battery seems to be working fine now. Now i get more than 1 day remaining status in the battery saver..............( Icon or option or what? ). Thanks anyway guys. ;)
    03-20-2014 07:54 AM