Screen freezing - unresponsive from one simple app??

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I had been having issues with an unresponsive screen on my 920. Did a hard reset and started adding apps again slowly. Just one per day, maybe every other day in order to isolate any issues.

I came to one simple app that I had used previously on my 520 without issues - "notes" - and shortly afterwards the screen started freezing. Put up with this for about a day, all the while the freezes were happening more and more frequently. The phone was essentially unusable. Removed the "notes" app and all is good again.

How common is this to have one app cause this sort of problem.

Using Microsoft's OneNote now for my notes without issues, like I should have been from the start.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I had been having issues with an unresponsive screen on my 920. Did a hard reset and started adding apps again slowly. Just one per day, maybe every other day in order to isolate any issues.

I came to one simple app that I had used previously on my 520 without issues - "notes" - and shortly afterwards the screen started freezing. Put up with this for about a day, all the while the freezes were happening more and more frequently. The phone was essentially unusable. Removed the "notes" app and all is good again.

How common is this to have one app cause this sort of problem.

Using Microsoft's OneNote now for my notes without issues, like I should have been from the start.
a bug in the app may cause this problem.. its better to switch on to other apps until a fix arrives :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes