Got my phone back from Nokia, now phone says my carrier is CV UK. HELP!!

Dylan O Brien

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
So my phone was having problems with the vibration motor, so I sent it into Nokia to repair for me. When I received the phone after it being fixed I was told that they replaced the logic board and that I would have to re-unlock my phone. However, before I unlocked the phone, it was on the O2 network; now the phone is on a network called CV UK. I've never heard of the network and googling it returned no results.
Does anyone know how I can unlock my phone or will I have to send it away again for another few weeks?

Thanks in advance,
Dylan.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
So my phone was having problems with the vibration motor, so I sent it into Nokia to repair for me. When I received the phone after it being fixed I was told that they replaced the logic board and that I would have to re-unlock my phone. However, before I unlocked the phone, it was on the O2 network; now the phone is on a network called CV UK. I've never heard of the network and googling it returned no results.
Does anyone know how I can unlock my phone or will I have to send it away again for another few weeks?

Thanks in advance,
Dylan.

If it's CV UK then you may have been sent a factory unlocked handset as a replacement for your old one. Which also means you should get updates quicker than those with networked locked phones.

Blackadder_100

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Just got a replacement L720 from Virgin Mobile UK for one which had a microphone fault. New handset is also CVUK and works with an O2 sim, so is unlocked.

Dylan O Brien

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I dont use an O2 sims card though as I'm on Meteor (Irish Network). When I put the Meteor SIM in the phone it prompts me for a pin code that I have to enter (I only have 10 attempts).

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If it's the SIM PIN, you get 3 attempts. SIM unlock is 10 attempts. One is phone security, the other is the network unlock.

Dylan O Brien

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
So turns out when they replaced my phone, the IMEI number changed. Therefore I have to ring up the network provider and give them a new IMEI number so they can give me the unlock code.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon