Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

anon(8050146)

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm having real issues with the back cover. The very first 925 back cover could be pushed in at the top of the device, like many users already reported, it was making clicking and squeaking sounds when pressing on it. Also the power button was flushed in, looked like it was always pressed. So i had it exchanged for a second one, where the exact same issue with the back cover happens, except it can be pushed in different spots. On this second device, the vibration is also very very noisy, completely different from the first one. It feels different too. I'm on my way to get my money back and try to buy it from a different retailer, hoping all these annoyances will be gone but if there is something wrong with it again, I'm afraid I'll have to choose a different phone.

EDIT: 3rd device and again, exactly same issue with the back cover, when I swipe my thumb from the right of the camera outwards, to the edge with no buttons, it makes a loud click as something snaps into place, but as I let go, the cover slightly pops up again, it's not flushed into the metal body properly, going to have to go to that store again and get the money back, for the second time now, I give up on Lumia 925...

I also have the clicking noise when pressing the back cover but on the side of the buttons. My power button is also flushed in. It's a bit annoying but for the price I paid, I'm not complaining much.

Is there a second hardware revision for this phone? Mine is 1.0.0.0
You can check your hardware revision on 'About' in Settings.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's still draining abnormally when the screen is locked or when the phone is off. I don't really know why. What I do to remedy the situation is to always prevent the phone from going to lockscreen manually because I don't have that option to turn the lockscreen off.
Certainly background running apps. Did you check it?

Louise Gregory

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
For no reason my Calender no longer alarms when there is one due, no message comes up or anything, please help? I have done nothing to it to do this
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my question

farhanmariz

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the 925 about 4 days ago, upgrading from a 720. Here are my list of observations for my unit:

1. Back arrow capacitive key is not evenly lit up. Right-half of the "←" key seems a bit dimmer. But this is nothing major since the key works fine. Just an annoyance.
  2. Sim tray is a bit flimsy and prone to breakage if not careful. The 720's sim tray is excellent. I wonder why Nokia chose to make it like so for the 925.
  3. 3G Signal strength bar 'seems' weaker compared to my 720 in my area (3-4 bars vs full bars). But I never notice any slowdown with 3G transfer rate. So I guess it's just software?

seangprice

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I tried 925 back in August/September and had signal strength issues which lead to its return. I've since purchased a like new 925 which does not have those issues. I'm not sure if Nokia released a fix or if it was a hardware issue. So far loving the WP8 experience.

djmuzi

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Dont try to make a screenshot during music is playing on earphones/external speakers on phones jack!!!!
Then the sound will shift to left speaker only and you have to restart the phone.... almost sent it back to service coz of this... can never ever happen on iPhone... never...

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Dont try to make a screenshot during music is playing on earphones/external speakers on phones jack!!!!
Then the sound will shift to left speaker only and you have to restart the phone.... almost sent it back to service coz of this... can never ever happen on iPhone... never...
Yea is it only when you make a sscreenshot. Cuz I don't screenshot often and its happened a lot. And its really starting to **** me off

dave_id87

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
anyone have their touchscreen be unresponsive randomly but only for the first touch. Example would be I'm in the navigation app or camera up, i go back to the home page and go to scroll down, nothing happens, try again by lifting my finger and putting it right back down and its fine.

I turned high sensitivity OFF and I haven't noticed the issue since then, odd.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
anyone have their touchscreen be unresponsive randomly but only for the first touch. Example would be I'm in the navigation app or camera up, i go back to the home page and go to scroll down, nothing happens, try again by lifting my finger and putting it right back down and its fine.

I have this happen on my L521, but thought it may have just been me. My issue is opposite. I turn High Sensitivity off and that's when it started.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

I always have high sensitivity off but it only occurs on my 925 in apps where the buttons are very small (for example in Facebook when I want to press the "xy people like this" or the comments. Also with the 3 buttons on the top in facebook (requests, messages, notifications). But never with scrolling and only in apps.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
well, my t-mobile lumia 925 died last weekend after two months, first it wasn't turning on at all just vibrate and nothing. Then I did the soft-reset (?) volume down+power button I started to see a blue screen then it was turning off again. I tried another key combination I've read somewhere volume up, volume down, power, volume down, then I started to see the boot manager, it was giving an error saying some device not found. Anyways I couldn't turn it on or get it connected to a computer, so T-mobile is sending another one. Of course they ask a 'warranty processing fee' of 20 dollars. I have a feeling this is related to the heating issue right next to the camera module. Although these things can happen given the complexity of a device like a smartphone, I lost a bit of confidence in the phone. I'm reading this has happened to other people too.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I received the new one on weekend. Everything was great, no warming up next to the camera module. but the shutter button was too stiff no two stage action. took the phone to the t-mobile store. the guy confirmed it could be a problem ordered a new one. The one on display at the t-mobile store had a completely different feeling. But now using after 2 days the button is back to normal, you can feel the two stage pressing and all. The new one is not shipped yet, kinda frustrated if I should try to cancel that. :/

edit1: I take it back, same spot gets heated in this one too.

edit2: Camera button went bad again. I'm not dropping it or anything.

Last edited:

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
On my 925 the spot next to the camera gets warm too, but there has to be heavy CPU/GPU use so I get nervous about it and I only experienced this only when I was playing games with great 3D graphics (FF III, Six Guns,...).
But I had this on my Samsung Galaxy S Plus and Samsung Nexus S too, but it was far more serious (also the screen would get really warm, not only when I was playing games, almost every activity with "normal to heavy" internet use).
So, I'm not really concerned by this one.

Hamberthm

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, pretty high warming seems to be becoming a common property of modern hardware. For example, my Envy 4 Ultrabook gets burning-hot in the bottom when I play games on it, and it's indeed normal (it will shut off otherwise). There's also warnings on the manual about injuries that this warming may cause to the skin if you use it over your lap!! Thinner high-end hardware always get hot.

My 925 gets pretty hot as well when using it actively with a resource-consuming app open. Just open Waze, leave it running for about 3 mins and you will see what I mean (Waze's case is a bug anyways, but you get the point). Also any 3D game. Things like video playing, heavy web browsing gets it moderate-hot.

So, obakir, the heating on your device is perfectly normal. Your phone will shut itself off if it detects any anormal heating, dont worry. The only thing that may be harmful is a continuous hot-state, because the battery can be damaged. But if you dont leave any heavy app running in the background it shouldn't get hot at all when on stand-by.

Egesio

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i seem to be havong a problem on my lumia 925, suddenly the microphone doesnt work anymore while im on skype, or recording videos or audio. This is a major problem since im a musician and if i cannot record reahersals that pretty much kills the whole "smart" part of my smartpphone. Ive read around and noticed this is a very common problem, and seems to be a software problem. Something about an update that messed things up. I have to say (i dont know if this reaches anyone at nokia or not, anyways ill discharge here) this is really a disapointment. I swicthed from iphone and im honestly regretting it by now.
Back to the issue, the mic seems to work while im on calls but not while i use the speaker. So, to sum it up, no sound on videos, voice notes, and skype. MAJOR BUG. Hope someone here has an explanation or solution. Thanks!

dave_id87

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
using navigation kills my battery AFTER i stop using navigation.

Example, i am navigating while phone is charging, I stop and phone is at 100%. A while later it will be at 80% without being touched

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
using navigation kills my battery AFTER i stop using navigation.

Example, i am navigating while phone is charging, I stop and phone is at 100%. A while later it will be at 80% without being touched

You have to hit the back button and exit navigation. A plus to this that your position is then saved to use the find your car feature.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a new problem with the 3rd 925. After battery is fully discharged, says goodbye and turns off. then I put it on charge. it takes at least 20 mins for the phone to turn on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon