Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
what do you mean no problem?
There's nothing on the screen, the windows button starts flashing at first for a cpl of minutes then gives up. phone does not turn on for half an hr (I just did a more accurate timing)
if I press the lock button I see the battery icon, if I do the volume down+lock button for 10 secs I see the nokia symbol and the battery symbol then nothing on the screen. I was able to use the phone while charging with the previous 925's I had. Do you guys all wait half an hr for the phone to start up?

jaypatel19

May 11, 2013
Visit site
i'm having the same issues in my 6ht replace from nokia, heating & battery sudden drop, sometimes phone become too hot even in stand by, when sunscreen readability is on & if I go to the direct sunlight, all colors become faded white(dark pink becomes light pink) & as soon as I come to the dark place , it becomes again normal & most annoying issue is , when I play the games then automatic background graphics change(e.g angry birds has stable background with stable graphic but after some mins gameplay, I noticed brightness updown in real time, some areas show me heavy contrast & in temple run 2 like games character become too noisy ), it's scene of each & every game here are just 2 examples, & most importantly it's happened anytime so can't show it to nokia care personally ,since 4 months i'm suffering from this.(My 820 has none of the above mentioned issues )

jaypatel19

May 11, 2013
Visit site
what do you mean no problem?
There's nothing on the screen, the windows button starts flashing at first for a cpl of minutes then gives up. phone does not turn on for half an hr (I just did a more accurate timing)
if I press the lock button I see the battery icon, if I do the volume down+lock button for 10 secs I see the nokia symbol and the battery symbol then nothing on the screen. I was able to use the phone while charging with the previous 925's I had. Do you guys all wait half an hr for the phone to start up?

no , for me it's about 10-15 mins max to max

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm what happens when you try to charge your phone from a fully drained state (after phone closes itself), please include how old is your phone too. Thanks. Sometimes I rely on my phone for GPS and driving. let's say my phone is dead. I get into my car, plug it into the charger, I have to wait 20 mins for the phone to wake up? what if it's an emergency and I have to call 911. I owned nokia's since 1998, first time owning a nokia like this.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm what happens when you try to charge your phone from a fully drained state (after phone closes itself), please include how old is your phone too. Thanks. Sometimes I rely on my phone for GPS and driving. let's say my phone is dead. I get into my car, plug it into the charger, I have to wait 20 mins for the phone to wake up? what if it's an emergency and I have to call 911. I owned nokia's since 1998, first time owning a nokia like this.

It is because your using a car charger.

Not all chargers are the same, some will charge quicker or slower than others.

Your phone will have to get up to around 4% before it will turn on. It is completely normal. Why do you let your phone run out before plugging it in?

It will be the same if you use a bad wall charger, or plug it into your laptop or even if you use a poor quality cable with your nokia wall charger.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Please read the previous posts, it's half an hr using the wall charger that comes with the lumia 925!
using my first 925, it would turn on within a couple of minutes. I recently got my 3rd 925, possibly refurbished, now it takes almost half an hour.
I know about car chargers. that's not the point.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Please read the previous posts, it's half an hr using the wall charger that comes with the lumia 925!
using my first 925, it would turn on within a couple of minutes. I recently got my 3rd 925, possibly refurbished, now it takes almost half an hour.
I know about car chargers. that's not the point.

Can you quote your post where you said it was from a wall charger please?

I'm sure you do know about car chargers, but do you also know that you can plug your phone in to charge it BEFORE it runs out.

jimithekewl

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, why some photos' thumbnails are wrong, in twitter sharing option? How can i rotate it to whatever i want? Its very big problem for me. Thanks.

Hamberthm

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Obakir, everytime the battery voltage drops below a dangerous level, the system will prevent you from using the phone until it gets to a safer voltage again. This is to prevent the charge to falling under an unrecoverable limit in wich you'll have to replace your battery!! (Lithium batteries die when over discharged). This happens in new and old batteries as well. I've been in that situation more than once, after discharging it to the top. It's PERFECTLY NORMAL, and the owners manual explains it as well.

DON'T use your phone until it dies. Charge it before it gets to 10% of battery charge if you can. Hard-discharging it is not healthy to your battery and it will reduce it's product life and charge cycles.

Discharging your phone may be a threat to security as you said. So there you go, one more reason to NOT fully discharge it.

Enjoy your phone and stop worrying about it!

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Every so often my screen will go mega big. Only way for me to go back to normal size is to do a restart on the phone. Is anyone else having this issue?

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Every so often my screen will go mega big. Only way for me to go back to normal size is to do a restart on the phone. Is anyone else having this issue?

I've experienced this situation only once, when I was playing a game when I got a call. After I ended the call and for the screen to change back to the game, the image didn't fit the screen size anymore. Locking/unlocking wouldn't do anything, so I had to go to the home screen (Windows button) and then back to the game (back button) so the image of the game would fit the screen again.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It seems that after black, well, it never happened before the black update not even the GDR3 update I did before that, the volume control very occasionally does not affect the audio level at all. You can ramp it up and down and nothing happens, the numbers change, but the volume does not. Soft reset the phone and it works again.

Anyone else?

Last edited:

Swiss7599

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine a few days ago. These are the issues I've noticed so far:

- The device heats up like a damn frying pan at the top part with general/light use (Browsing, Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp Chat).
- Battery life is dismal (most probably caused by the heating issue).
- The device loses signal when left unattended causing missed calls and messages. (I have to restart it or turn flight mode on/off to get back the signal)
- The calender on month view doesn't display appointments/to-do's.

Thats it so far. Will post more as they occur. (Im sure they will)

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine a few days ago. These are the issues I've noticed so far:

- The device heats up like a damn frying pan at the top part with general/light use (Browsing, Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp Chat).
- Battery life is dismal (most probably caused by the heating issue).
- The device loses signal when left unattended causing missed calls and messages. (I have to restart it or turn flight mode on/off to get back the signal)
- The calender on month view doesn't display appointments/to-do's.

Thats it so far. Will post more as they occur. (Im sure they will)

The heat development is quite normal (at least to a certain level). If you play games with 3D graphics or use the internet a lot, the area next to the camera will get pretty warm. It should be of no concern, plus: other phones experience this too (had this with both my SGS+ (where also the display would get pretty hot) and Nexus S).

The battery life should improve over the first few charging cycles. Also it depends on the quality of your providers network connectivity and your wifi router. Bad connectivity can drain a battery in no time.

This shouldn't be normal. You can try a soft-reset/hard reset (careful, you lose every data on your phone when you perform a hard reset) or get a replacement from your provider/retail shop.

This feature might be disabled. Go to your calendar, settings and scroll down to the bottom. There are two options you can check/uncheck and the first one determines if to-dos will be shown in your calendar (also check if the right calendars are displayed; in case you have more than one account with calendar-support, like Hotmail/Outlook, MS account,...).

If you are sure that there will be more problems, it looks like you're already unsatisfied with your phone. Regarding the short time you own it you could give it back and get a different model. Or stick with it and give it a chance ;-)

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine's just gone back for the third time to O2. Yay. First time was back in August, as the speaker in the earpiece stopped working. Second time was early February, as the phone was being awkward about connecting to the network. This third time is the for same issue, as they haven't sorted it. I've had a new SIM and it works just fine in my old HTC Desire.

If it's still not fixed, I see a Sony Z1 Compact on the horizon...

Swiss7599

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
The heat development is quite normal (at least to a certain level). If you play games with 3D graphics or use the internet a lot, the area next to the camera will get pretty warm. It should be of no concern, plus: other phones experience this too (had this with both my SGS+ (where also the display would get pretty hot) and Nexus S).

The battery life should improve over the first few charging cycles. Also it depends on the quality of your providers network connectivity and your wifi router. Bad connectivity can drain a battery in no time.

This shouldn't be normal. You can try a soft-reset/hard reset (careful, you lose every data on your phone when you perform a hard reset) or get a replacement from your provider/retail shop.

This feature might be disabled. Go to your calendar, settings and scroll down to the bottom. There are two options you can check/uncheck and the first one determines if to-dos will be shown in your calendar (also check if the right calendars are displayed; in case you have more than one account with calendar-support, like Hotmail/Outlook, MS account,...).

If you are sure that there will be more problems, it looks like you're already unsatisfied with your phone. Regarding the short time you own it you could give it back and get a different model. Or stick with it and give it a chance ;-)

It literally gets hot, not warm. I don't play 3d games on my phone. Just normal phone stuff ie. text, call, social, mail etc. Tasks
I consider 'light' as I said. Honestly, those are things you'd expect it to handle easily (without burning my hands).

I've owned a lot of Nokia phones but I've only ever been unsatisfied with their higher end models (smart phones), surprisingly. They always have nagging problems that one wouldn't expect from such pricey devices. Some issues even cut across through different models I've owned, like the heating up and the battery life thing. It's almost as if they never learn or don't care enough to do anything about it.

Maybe Nokia weren't cut out to make smartphones successfully. They should consider making cameras and focus on low end dumb phones instead because that seems like what they're really good at.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon