Product Codes For Lumia 925

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi Michael,

Thanks for that - great info.

I am, however, having a few problems.

I have a 925 32MB on Vodafone and want to de-brand to EE / UK.

I have the Care Suite. Downloaded product RM-892 VAR GB EE SL BLACK 059S7G4 ( UNBRANDED + 4G OPTION ), renamed it to 821.

Went to OPEN PRODUCT.
Selected the RM892 which is correct. After a few moments of trying I get an error saying RECOVERY FAILED and the message in the box being "MESSAGE SEND FAILED".

I have tried this on two separate Win8 PC's with the same results.

Any ideas / help appreciated.

Also, one quick question - does this also unlock the phone as its still locked to Vodafone?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Hi Rob, I did this last night after too many beers but eventually cracked it after many false starts. I went from unbranded to EE (needed the 4g). You'll be glad to know there is almost no bloatware/visibile branding with the EE rom so it's just like unbranded but with 4g!

A couple of areas where you might be going wrong:

1)Have you put the phone in flash mode? Hold volume-down key and power button key until you feel the vibrate, and you should load up in flash mode. Then try it again. You'll probably get ANOTHER error message although this one might then ask you to hold the keys down one more time. If you do this You'll get a nokia splash screen and if you try it then, it should work.

2)did you rename the ONLY THE FOLDER to rm-821 and nothing else right?

3)I havent read this on THIS forum, but on another forum it says that only very specific versions of the NCS will actually work now when doing this. I'm not sure if this is true but this is the version I used: [url=http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f805/download-official-nokia-firmware-without-navifirm-1656870/

- (it's the first link there. You need to put that userconfig file into the C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool folder, replacing the one that is already there.

michael1782

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes only certain NCS work. I ll have a look and find the site i got mine from and upload the link. It'll install everything you need plus NCS.

beershark

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Rob, I did this last night after too many beers but eventually cracked it after many false starts. I went from unbranded to EE (needed the 4g). You'll be glad to know there is almost no bloatware/visibile branding with the EE rom so it's just like unbranded but with 4g!

A couple of areas where you might be going wrong:

1)Have you put the phone in flash mode? Hold volume-down key and power button key until you feel the vibrate, and you should load up in flash mode. Then try it again. You'll probably get ANOTHER error message although this one might then ask you to hold the keys down one more time. If you do this You'll get a nokia splash screen and if you try it then, it should work.

2)did you rename the ONLY THE FOLDER to rm-821 and nothing else right?

3)I havent read this on THIS forum, but on another forum it says that only very specific versions of the NCS will actually work now when doing this. I'm not sure if this is true but this is the version I used:

Hi Paddy,

Thanks for that.

Tried several times, cant get it into flash mode. Power & Volume Down does a soft reset. Tried Volume and Power Down until it vibrates then Volume Up and get the Flash & Cog symbol (is THIS Flash Mode?).
In Product Support Tool. Recovery. It tries to verify package but I then get this error:-

DTL Connection: Could not connect to media. DTL Back-End error code = 0x8400A403. DTL Back-End: Driver initialization failed. DCM status code = 0x84007406, Common Connectivity DCM: Connection opening failed, Connectivity API status code = 0x84007419, Target media is active but it is not working.
. .
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8400AC35): DTL Connection: Could not connect to media. DTL Back-End error code = 0x8400A403. DTL Back-End: Driver initialization failed. DCM status code = 0x84007406, Common Connectivity DCM: Connection opening failed, Connectivity API status code = 0x84007419, Target media is active but it is not working.
. .
at FuseLib.DtlConnectionClass.ConnectToMedia()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryConnectionManager..ctor(FuseLoader fuseLoader, IConnection connection, UserInteractionDelegate userInteractionDelegate)
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryConnectionManager..ctor(IConnection connection, UserInteractionDelegate userInteractionDelegate)
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

Retried but no joy.

Question - is this the package you were using?
Also, my phone is still locked to Vodafone - haven't been able to unlock it yet. Couple of companies I contacted dont do this phone and Vodafone cant help as the account isn't in my name (bought this 2md hand).

Any other ideas guys?

Attachments

• 925 EE version - data package error.png
    925 EE version - data package error.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 925 EE version.png
    925 EE version.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 2
  • care suite version.png
    care suite version.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 219
  • Error installing 059S918.png
    Error installing 059S918.png
    20 KB · Views: 217

beershark

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I also get the Data Package Error at the bottom of the Care Suite flashing a couple of times. Tried re-scanning but the same.

I have tried installing both the EE and Unbranded Rom.

michael1782

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok, what suggest you do is delete everything after the products folder, c:programData/nokia/packages/products. Redownload one product using NCS then flash that product.

No, if you see the cog then its not in flash mode.

When NCS ask for you to press the buttons press
Volume down + camera + power wait till vibrate and release the power button after a few secs release the other too. But just before the vibrate, so as the screen turns off click retry on NCS.

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I also get the Data Package Error at the bottom of the Care Suite flashing a couple of times. Tried re-scanning but the same.

Yeah try what Michael said - also, don't worry about that data package error in the bottom right corner, I got it to, it's normal but you can safely ignore it. Managed to flash mine even though it was there.

Also, as I said before, there is defo some sort of sensitivity in regards to the exact version of NCS you use. If all else fails after following what michael suggests, I would (I know this is a shag) uninstall NCS that is on your computer and then reinstall it using the link for the version I use. Also make sure you put that userconfig file into the folder I mentioned.

beershark

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Guys.... Thanks for your help. All sorted .... Some how ;)

On the previous attempts I never got the NCS asking to press Volume/Power and restart... Just got errors. I tried a different USB port. Errors again and tried it for a final time then had the NCS request for Volume/Pwer etc. and then all flashed fine with EE unbranded. Happy days!!! Thanks again

Now, I just need to get this damn thing unlocked so I can actually USE IT ....

Any ideas for unlocking?

Also, my phone is still locked to Vodafone - haven't been able to unlock it yet. Couple of companies I contacted dont do this phone and Vodafone cant help as the account isn't in my name (bought this 2md hand).

Any other ideas guys?

michael1782

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
It was probs due to you already having your phone connected. If you ever flash again. Go through the flash process without having your phone connected. NCS will then give you the retry option once you've clicked start.

beershark

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
It was probs due to you already having your phone connected. If you ever flash again. Go through the flash process without having your phone connected. NCS will then give you the retry option once you've clicked start.

Hi Michael,

I am pretty sure that's the case - thanks again!

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I flashed 059S7G4 ( UNBRANDED + 4G OPTION ). My phone came with the one that had no 4G option.

I am using Straight Talk (AT&T MVNO) in the USA. According to speedtest.net, I get the same speeds with the 4G ROM installed and 4G enabled as I did with the stock ROM that only went up to 3G. I know I don't get LTE on Straight Talk. I am fine with that. Just saying, for anyone hoping for a speed boost by flashing one of the 4G ROMS on Straight Talk in the USA, you're not gonna get one. I maxes out on "H+" either way.

Jirkas

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

Flash with Nokia Care Suite 5.0 2013.20.5.3,support profile RM-892

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I flashed 059S7G4 ( UNBRANDED + 4G OPTION ). My phone came with the one that had no 4G option.

I am using Straight Talk (AT&T MVNO) in the USA. According to speedtest.net, I get the same speeds with the 4G ROM installed and 4G enabled as I did with the stock ROM that only went up to 3G. I know I don't get LTE on Straight Talk. I am fine with that. Just saying, for anyone hoping for a speed boost by flashing one of the 4G ROMS on Straight Talk in the USA, you're not gonna get one. I maxes out on "H+" either way.
That's not very surprising considering the European version doesn't have the right radios for US LTE.

AHMAD DADFAR

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
hi ALL:

can we flash Lumia 920 (RM-821) wiht this RM-892 VAR GB VOD CONTRACT 32GB SL BLACK 059S700 ( BRANDED + 4G OPTION ) since both are 32 GB?

phone will not be lock ?

my Current Product code is 059Q9H3

thanks

contable

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi there !

Thanks for this thread.

Is it possible to flash a RM-893 rom (T-Mobile US) to a RM-892 device (T-Mobile Germany) ? What will happen with the LTE connectivity ?

The carrier exclusives are bull****. The US-Rom has wifi-calling, the German-Rom has Visual Voice Mail.

Thanks in advance.

contable

Joe Pamphilon

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Flashing 920 software on to a 925 is seriously dodgy. You run the risk of bricking your phone. Unless you have the right equipment you won't be able to bring it back to life.

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I too would like to know if NCS will let Nokia Lumia 925 from T-Mobile USA be flashed with Euro unbranded firmware. Also what will happen with T-Mobile's LTE after flashing euro firmware. I have flashed Nokia Lumia phones form T-Mobile/Euro with different RM-types before and had no problems, but this time it is LTE which has different bands and also the firmware I wanted to flash is from Russian variant which probably doesn't support. Any one tried to flash the above phone? Thanks

GrantK

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

You'll have to excuse me as I'm a complete newbie so will probably ask some very basic dumb *** questions!

I've recently purchased a Lumia 925 locked to O2. Like others on this thread hate the bloatware and other crap so want to re-flash my phone to de-brand it, ideally making if 4G ready. I realize I'll need to get the phone unlocked at some point either by paying silly money or waiting for someone to find a way to do it for free :wink:

For reference I'm using a Windows XP operating system

I followed the instructions on this feed and a few others and downloaded the Nokia care suit (version 2013.8.30) swapped the config file and downloaded the 059S7G4 firmware. I've re-named the file as instructed, all good so far. However, when i connect my phone NCS identifies my phone as the RM 892 and tells me it's not supported.

I'm probably missing a step. So would appreciate it if someone could give me a idiots step by step connection and flashing guide. i.e. what function of the NCS I should use, what options to check / un-check, when to connect the phone, what buttons to press etc. etc.

I'd also like to know if there's a way to back up my current firmware just in case anything goes horribly wrong!

I did try to download the latest version of NCS but were unable to download the firmware so uninstalled it and loaded the older version. I do have access to a windows 7 laptop if that would make life any easier.

Thanks in advance for any help and support you guys can provide. If I've missed any required info, just shout!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon