Cases for the 925

igoramadas

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried silicon / rubber cases for the 925 already? I was used to the "grippy and safe" soft-coating of the HTC 8X and now with the 925 I have the feeling I'm holding a super smooth soap bar! This thing won't stay still on my hands.

I found some on Amazon (DE) but they all add way too much thickness to the phone.

Thanks!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I did a bing search on cases for the 925. There was quite a few in the images. I was a bit surprised to see that many this soon. Seemed like it took longer for cases for the 920.

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried silicon / rubber cases for the 925 already? I was used to the "grippy and safe" soft-coating of the HTC 8X and now with the 925 I have the feeling I'm holding a super smooth soap bar! This thing won't stay still on my hands.

I found some on Amazon (DE) but they all add way too much thickness to the phone.

Thanks!

This is what I use, it is slim, has a grip, and the belt clip addition is awesome.

Link: Amazon.com: T-Mobile Shell Holster Combo for Nokia Lumia 925: Cell Phones & Accessories

Attachments

• 4163OIgJonL.jpg
    4163OIgJonL.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 146

nusense

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the black Fosmon DURA Frost SLIM-Fit Case Flexible from amazon, pretty good deal for 5 bucks shipped, not bad case I just don't like the logo.But it does fully protect all the edges\buttons of the phone and has a slight lip. I also bought a white version of this case for 3 bucks shipped from china. Haven't received it yet.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This is what I use, it is slim, has a grip, and the belt clip addition is awesome.

Link: Amazon.com: T-Mobile Shell Holster Combo for Nokia Lumia 925: Cell Phones & Accessories
I have the same case but what is up with the Red led flash. I just got a charging cover for parts to convert mine to wireless charging.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am using the amzer pudding case. It's pretty lightweight, maybe too much for some, but I am happy with it.

Plus 1 on the amzer. If I don't have the charging shell on my previous 925 was also housed in an amzer. Actually so is my 1520

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

cz9h3d

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I love my new 925, but have yet to find the perfect case. I want it thin (not add bulk), colorful, and protective - which may be an impossibility!
I have a Fosmon MATT Series Ruberrized Hard Case ,
a Hybrid Rubberised Back Cover,
a Nillkin Matte Hard Skin Cover Case,
and an Ultra Thin Matte Frosted TPU Gel Case.
The 3 non-TPU ones are all similar, like the Encipio Feather, although the Fosmon does the best job by fully covering the corners better - but the corners are already discoloring (or picking up and showing dirt). None extend at all to protect the screen. The Nillkin just feels like hard plastic, the Fosmon and Hybrid are soft to the touch. The TPU case has the tiniest of lips, but I wouldn't trust it to do much/anything, and although clear is just makes the beautiful phone seem cheap.

The Amzer Pudding looks interesting, but it is black, totally hides the phone, and I'm sure adds some noticeable bulk.

Basically, I don't think what I desire does (or physically can) exist.

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

I have the same case but what is up with the Red led flash. I just got a charging cover for parts to convert mine to wireless charging.

Lol, I have no clue about the red LED flash... Had me thinking "what the hell?" When I saw it.

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I love my new 925, but have yet to find the perfect case. I want it thin (not add bulk), colorful, and protective - which may be an impossibility!
To be honest I can't think of a better case than Nokia's official wireless charging cover. Besides being super thin and colourful, it actually protects the 925 perfectly because however I drop it, the phone always lands on one of the edges covered by the case. You'd think with the metal being mostly exposed that protection would be poor, but from my experience it is not easy to find a situation that would damage it once the cover is on. It even protects the screen if the phone is lying face-down because it raises it slightly.

Admittedly I did buy it initially for the wireless charging, but I didn't expect it to offer such great protection. I've bought three so far and swap the colours depending on my mood.

Last edited:

Stephen Pedersen

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have an Incipio Feather Slim case. It shows off the aluminam still so it looks great. But if I were you Id get the above one. The Feather Slim doesn't protect if it lands on its screen. They should have made it a wee bit bigger IMO.

cz9h3d

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
To be honest I can't think of a better case than Nokia's official wireless charging cover. Besides being super thin and colourful, it actually protects the 925 perfectly because however I drop it, the phone always lands on one of the edges covered by the case.

The wireless charging cover only has a "nub" at each corner of the phone - maybe it's working for you in real-world, but not sure it would make me feel safe.

Oh - I now have an Incipio Feather ($10 on clearance at ATT stores). Probably the least protection of all my cases, so it will likely see little use - but the teal matches my Bose headphones (but not really in a "manly" way).

I have an Amzer Pudding coming today - Amzer seems to have some decently designed cases, but the 925 design seems less "current", not as good as their cases for some of the newer phones. And it is all black too. We'll see.

And I also have a Tech21 D30 coming to try, which some people seem to like.

After this I've got to stop! - too many $4-$10 cases!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon