2 hours before launch and still nothing on the T-Mobile website

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
After weeks of anxiously waiting, I am going to the Tmo store to purchase my 925. The same store that told me yesterday they didn't know anything about the phone and why would I want it anyway. The same store that said they didn't have any in stock so I shouldn't show up there this morning expecting to buy one. Wait! Why am I going to that store to buy one this afternoon? I reckon' I must really want that phone and willing to put up with a terrible launch of the Lumia 925. Nokia should have a sit-down with T-Mobile. Horrible support of this product and their customers.

Nokia should have a meeting with every carrier in general, Tell them to get their crap together. All of the carriers appear to be doing a crap job of "promoting" a great range of devices.

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Sweet. When I ordered in June they had to ship it from the UK!

Just a heads up about the charging shell and the plate charger - mine has to sit a little forward on the plate for it to charge correctly. About an eighth of the wire side of the plate can be seen when it's charging correctly. That may just be mine, or it may not. Just wanted to give fair warning in case you put it right in the middle of the plate and it doesn't charge, or starts to charge and then stops.
Thanks for the heads up... however I don't have the charging plate anymore, I have the Power Up JBL Speaker :0

Fiona M

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I find the support for Windows phones at T-Mobile in general very disappointing. Rarely have I encountered someone enthusiastic about them and also they tend to be ill informed. I've had to do my own online research because the information I was given was wrong. They are mostly interested in pushing Android I find and seem mystified by my allegiance to Windows & Nokia devices. Only once did I come across someone who had knowledge and enthusiasm when I went to pick up my 810, he was the official Nokia guy and that was highly unusual. Windows has such a small share of the market they really need to step up their game and get Sales and Product Knowledge support out there!

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Same here. When I went in to get my 925 I said specifically that I wanted a 925 and the manager pulled out an Xperia Z and said, "I don't know if we have the 925, but we have the Sony. Waterproof!" I said, "Not interested. Lumia 925 is what I want."

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have something to share about this... I walked into one of the T-Mobile stores in my neighborhood around two hours ago. Right in the middle of the store, there was a Windows Phone display with a poster of the 521 and 925 and a gorgeous working Lumia 925 dummy phone sitting there on that table. I walked straight over to it. I was literally going to buy it and was at the store for around an hour or more. The sales rep who helped me knew a little about the phone, but not everything. She actually thought the SIM slot was for microSD cards... Needless to say, I set her straight. She ended up telling me that she finds WP difficult and had an iPhone 5 and used Samsung Android phones in the past. See, that I don't get... WP difficult?? It's so straight forward.

Anyway, that store definitely had the 925 in stock, and as I said, I was all set to buy it. I had actually gone to my bank beforehand and added a few hundred dollars to my checking account to cover a purchase. But I was texting with one of my best friends and when I told her I was about to buy the 925, she basically talked me out of it. The only reason I held back was because I'm pretty strapped for cash these days and I only got my 920 in May. Another reason was that I actually saw LTE on my 920 while I was at the store and got pretty good speeds when I did a speed test. Ha! :winktongue: I might end up getting the 925 in a couple of months, though, as I told the rep. She was really helpful and even gave me information on saving some money on my T-Mobile bill. Oh, and I was also reluctant to trade 32GB for 16, but when I mentioned that to the rep, she did ask me if I would be interested in an iPhone, Samsung (NEVER!!!) or Sony Xperia Z. I told her I do love the iPhone and wouldn't touch Android with a 10 foot pole, but Windows Phone has spoiled me for all other OSes at this point. :smile:

MattMamba2012

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have something to share about this... I walked into one of the T-Mobile stores in my neighborhood around two hours ago. Right in the middle of the store, there was a Windows Phone display with a poster of the 521 and 925 and a gorgeous working Lumia 925 dummy phone sitting there on that table. I walked straight over to it. I was literally going to buy it and was at the store for around an hour or more. The sales rep who helped me knew a little about the phone, but not everything. She actually thought the SIM slot was for microSD cards... Needless to say, I set her straight. She ended up telling me that she finds WP difficult and had an iPhone 5 and used Samsung Android phones in the past. See, that I don't get... WP difficult?? It's so straight forward.

Anyway, that store definitely had the 925 in stock, and as I said, I was all set to buy it. I had actually gone to my bank beforehand and added a few hundred dollars to my checking account to cover a purchase. But I was texting with one of my best friends and when I told her I was about to buy the 925, she basically talked me out of it. The only reason I held back was because I'm pretty strapped for cash these days and I only got my 920 in May. Another reason was that I actually saw LTE on my 920 while I was at the store and got pretty good speeds when I did a speed test. Ha! :winktongue: I might end up getting the 925 in a couple of months, though, as I told the rep. She was really helpful and even gave me information on saving some money on my T-Mobile bill. Oh, and I was also reluctant to trade 32GB for 16, but when I mentioned that to the rep, she did ask me if I would be interested in an iPhone, Samsung (NEVER!!!) or Sony Xperia Z. I told her I do love the iPhone and wouldn't touch Android with a 10 foot pole, but Windows Phone has spoiled me for all other OSes at this point. :smile:

So the att 920 will get LTE on Tmobile?

MattMamba2012

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
It probably can, depending on your location. I probably should have clarified that I have an unlocked Rogers 920. That one has all the same bands that T-Mobile uses, which is why I can get LTE.

Oh darn. Okay thanks for the answer. I really want to switch over to Tmobile and the 925 looks great but Im already at 22 gigs used on my 920. I know I could free up alot of that with some management but I don't want to have to do that. That's my only hang up with the 925. Im gonna try to unlock this phone and see what kinda data coverage I get.

Thanks again for your reply!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720