925 on Tmo buyers remorse

knowname

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I went through so much trouble to try and find a good deal on a 925. Ever since I heard T Mo had lte in my area, I had to have the latest and greatest. Well, I am starting to get buyers remorse. Before the 925, I had an 8x. I didn't think I would miss it but I actually do.

The 925, I get dropped calls often......didn't get it on my 8x
Music sounded louder and better via headphones on my 8x.....sounds good on 925 but not loud enough
I didn't hang up on people by accident on 8x, happens all the time on 925
the 925 has more nokia apps, but the 8x had the nokia apps that I actually needed
the data speeds and mms were more consistent on 8x as opposed to the 925

ON the flip side, when the lte is on, the speed is noticeably faster,
its much easier to text and type on 925 probably because the screen is wider
the 925 has a better looking display than 8x
925 has better battery life than 8x

For the net loss I suffered for switching the two phones, $250, I def have buyers remorse.

Oh well. Just wondering if any others out there feeling some buyers remorse.

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry to hear about that, I am on Tmo with a 925, and I am really loving mine. I originally had an 8X, sold it and bought an unlocked 920, then switched to a 925. Aside from one freakish heating up incident, I have had no probs with my 925. The 8X was a great phone but those flush-to-the-body power and sound buttons drove me completely insane, just my personal reaction to the design. I was constantly having to flip the phone around to the right side and constantly hitting the wrong buttons.

I hope you get an 8X back!

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
As far as the dropped calls and more consistent speeds this can hopefully be fixed by resetting the phone or exchanging it at t-mobile for a new one.

I'm considering going from a 8X to a 925 myself, but I think I might hold out a little longer to see what else is coming soon (nothing wrong with the 8X I just kind of want something new).

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Try turning off WiFi Calling and toggling airplane mode.

The airplane mode toggle is a just-in-case work-around for an fluke bug that I think has since been fixed. The fluke bug is that the phone doesn't have any connection after turning off WiFi Calling. It only happened to me once.

knowname

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry to hear about that, I am on Tmo with a 925, and I am really loving mine. I originally had an 8X, sold it and bought an unlocked 920, then switched to a 925. Aside from one freakish heating up incident, I have had no probs with my 925. The 8X was a great phone but those flush-to-the-body power and sound buttons drove me completely insane, just my personal reaction to the design. I was constantly having to flip the phone around to the right side and constantly hitting the wrong buttons.

I hope you get an 8X back!

How ironic....I did the exact same thing. I bought the 8x....then when lte came out got an unlocked 920...got frustrated with no internet sharing so then I sold it and got a 925.....If the 8x had lte, then that would have been best for me.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not with the device at all L925 for me has been fantastic. what bugs me is T-MO as soon as I walk into a building it's no bars..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes