Nokia Lumia 925.2 at Negri Electronics

skjarl

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
The about section says nothing about amber or black on my phone. The extras+info DOES say it is running Black. Hope that helps.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you got it in? I'm thinking of purchasing one too... I have the white but would love the black. I've got T-Mobile as well and would love to know how service and data are working for you?

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
The about section says nothing about amber or black on my phone. The extras+info DOES say it is running Black. Hope that helps.

"While it is likely that someone who knows the firmware number better than I do can tell just by looking at the firmware number under the OS version...."

"however it is much easier to go to extras + info under settings and it will very explicitly tell you what firmware release you are running, Amber or Black."

There's a reason why I am precise.

Last edited:

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Skjarl, can you confirm the product code on your device?

It's always good to get several different levels of verification, so I hope that Skjarl responds to your question. Earlier in the thread tofu tried an experiment similar to what you are thinking of. He got a product code of "059T883 gives us RM-893 VAR LTA MV WHITE". His test seemed to indicate there was a problem getting the firmware to work on a T-Mobile device, but I am not sure that we really have a definitive answer there.

In the short term I have no real doubt that T-Mobile will in fact update their 925 OTA with GDR 3. I would also expect that they will update to 8.1 when it comes out. But anyone who's been with T-Mobile for a while knows they tend to drop support for their WP devices, so your experiment has some significant potential long term benefits.

I'm certainly interested in what you find out.

(P.S. I am still disappointed that they never came out with a 32gb version.)

Glenmore Vinoya

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
B23h,

I hear you about the 32G option. I guess we'll just have to wait for 8.1 to come out and have the option to load apps on the SD card.

As far as the experiment, I might work on it today. Have to go downtown though to get LTE. Well at least this military base I'm on. LOL.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
So is it only here (uk) and Germany that ha email the 32gb 925?

True, I've forgotten that a 32gb was released but never made it to the US. I've always thought that it would have been wise for T-Mobile USA to release a 32gb variant for enthusiasts, and had been hoping for a 32gb variant of the 925.2 pentaband version. Apparently neither is going to happen....

Kez0

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
It's always good to get several different levels of verification, so I hope that Skjarl responds to your question. Earlier in the thread tofu tried an experiment similar to what you are thinking of. He got a product code of "059T883 gives us RM-893 VAR LTA MV WHITE". His test seemed to indicate there was a problem getting the firmware to work on a T-Mobile device, but I am not sure that we really have a definitive answer there.

In the short term I have no real doubt that T-Mobile will in fact update their 925 OTA with GDR 3. I would also expect that they will update to 8.1 when it comes out. But anyone who's been with T-Mobile for a while knows they tend to drop support for their WP devices, so your experiment has some significant potential long term benefits.

I'm certainly interested in what you find out.

(P.S. I am still disappointed that they never came out with a 32gb version.)

can anyone confirm if that fw versi?n (product code 059T883) support aws hsdpa band? (3g 1700/2100)

Thanks in advance

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Glenmore Vinoya

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
can anyone confirm if that fw versi?n (product code 059T883) support aws hsdpa band? (3g 1700/2100)

Thanks in advance

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

I just loaded this firmware on my phone. it has 3G connection. but i haven't checked LTE yet. I'll be checking in a bit. Gotta get off this military base to get LTE connection.

Glenmore Vinoya

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I just loaded this firmware on my phone. it has 3G connection. but i haven't checked LTE yet. I'll be checking in a bit. Gotta get off this military base to get LTE connection.

It seems I'm installing a new firmware right now. Excited! Not sure what it is at this time! Last I checked Extras+Info shows Amber.

Glenmore Vinoya

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Here are the updates:

Microsoft Update 8.0.10492.116
Microsoft Update 8.0.10517.150
Microsoft Update 8.0.10501.127
Microsoft Update 8.0.10512.142
Nokia Update for Windows Phone

Glenmore Vinoya

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Here are the updates:

Microsoft Update 8.0.10492.116
Microsoft Update 8.0.10517.150
Microsoft Update 8.0.10501.127
Microsoft Update 8.0.10512.142
Nokia Update for Windows Phone

I can confirm GDR3 and Lumia Black installed after loading 059T883 firmware. Wifi Calling is not working. Even with the link above for the app in the store, I can't install it on my phone. Still have to confirm LTE when I go to the gym later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes