Strange "prints" on my screen

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello.

I've noticed these strange prints on the screen of my Lumia 925. I don't think that they are scratches because when I drag my fingernail across them it's smooth. Also, they don't look like scratches. I've uploaded a video to YouTube (don't have another camera so I used my camcorder, and I couldn't figure out how to take a snapshot on it) to show them. The first 7 seconds clearly show the prints, the remaining 1:03 of the video are useless lol. I couldn't get the camera to focus/pick up the other prints.

So the first 7 seconds clearly show the major prints that are annoying me, the ones that I tried to capture did not show up but they aren't as visible. Does anyone have something like this on their phone, or know how to get rid of them? I've tried wiping it off with my shirt or a microfiber cloth, but it looks like the problem lies underneath the glass. I've never gotten the phone wet or exposed it to high moisture/humidity so I'm not sure where it came from. I noticed the prints recently but you can only see them in direct light, so they might have been there since I bought the phone.

Thanks.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
based on this video, i have no idea what you're talking about

Haha, like I said, it's just the first 7 seconds where it shows, you kind of have to look closely.

They do look like the screen protector bubbles, but I don't have a screen protector applied. This is really weird :eek:

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
You ever touched that area with oily hands or after using an Armour All type product in your car? Products like that are terrible on glass and clear plastics

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You ever touched that area with oily hands or after using an Armour All type product in your car? Products like that are terrible on glass and clear plastics

No, but something like that could be the cause. I don't touch my phone when my hands are greasy/oily but maybe I was being careless.

Anyways, is there any way to get rid of those spots? If not, it's no big deal since I don't notice them most of the time. And thankfully none of them are on the actually screen, just the bezel.

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
As it happens I own a vehicle detailing business so if it is a silicon based plastic dressing like Armour All there are ways to remove it but none of them are suitable for a mobile phone as they require a fair bit of liquid so I would suggest leaving it and it will diminish with time. The same really applies if it's oil but that would take longer to break down, if it does at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon