Updating to Lumia Black - Issue 8018830f

DJRankine

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I've seen similar issues posted before, but none of the proposed solutions are working for me.

I'm trying to update my phone to Lumia Black and am getting the below error message while trying to update:

"The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened. (8018830f)"

I have 11.52GB of space free, phone is plugged in and charging (full battery), WiFi is on. Tried a soft restart and reverting to factory settings and still getting the same issue...

If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it! I want those customer text tones..!

Thanks.

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Rankine,

Got the same error when i tried to update today morning here in India ( about 13hrs back.. :cool:) Keep hitting the search for updates button again. My phone got updated after five or six attempts.

B.R.

DJRankine

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Tried many many times now with no luck still. I've kept the phone unlocked for the whole download/update process and still nothing. I've contacted WP Support who are 'looking into the issue', just hoping they can come up with something!

DJRankine

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Just tried this and unfortunately didn't work either :(

I've contacted 3 UK now to see if they can help, not had a response yet... The list of things I've tried is longer than my arm now, only thing I can think of is that the phone itself must be faulty!

Cheers.

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
when you are hitting the search 4 update button, how long it takes to download the update? When i received this error initially, the download bumped to 100% suddenly.

Give this a last try ( hope you havent tried this )
(Check your other storage. If the download is proper, your used up phone memory (other storage) will be approx. 1.5GB more.
Do a soft reset. Hit search for update and check if the download is reaching 100% in a steady manner.

B.R.

DJRankine

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
The download itself takes about 10 minutes or so (maybe a bit less). The install gets to 8% in about 1 minute, then jumps to 95% and fails. Current storage:

Apps: 471MB
Maps: 0KB
Temporary Files: 21MB
Photos: 1.8MB
Music: 0KB
Videos: 0KB
Office Documents: 532KB
Emails+Contacts: 84MB
Ringtones: 0KB
System: 1.9GB
Other: 488MB

Cheers.

DJRankine

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Had a phone call from 3 last night (my network provider here in the UK) and learnt something new. Apparently, although the update has been released - 3 will not release it to our phones until they have tweaked the update so that it "runs perfectly with 3". They say that typically the updates are available for 3 handsets 2 weeks or so after the initial update is released by the firmware company.

Never heard of this before, but will try again in a week's time and see what happens!

aditya007rm

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Sir can u plz help me out in detail how to change the location to United States...? In date and time I changed to Central America... Bt when I do it for languages +region to United States it changes to India automatically I am using
Lumia 720 bt still I can't get my black updatee

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon