Ear speaker no audio...getting replacement question on apps

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My ear piece suddenly stopped working yesterday, no drops, etc. Tried reboot, soft reset etc. I have maintenance so only $5 for a new one so not too bad. My question is if there is anyway to copy app date so can use when I restore. I have a password app, games, etc, would be nice to be able to copy to pc and then copy back when apps are restored on new phone....any way to do that?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Nope sorry not at this stage of the OS evolution. Word on the streets is that Microsoft is putting a larger focus on this issues. Whatever is to come won't help you at this time. The solution is at least a few months away.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Got my replacement phone and noticed an issue that I am sure all, but posting anyway :)

My old 925 had the GDR3, developer preview on it. When I received new phone and signed in and restored from backup....no apps were restored. What I found was I then had to install GDR3 preview and then reset phone and this time when I signed in and restored, apps were there. Curious if it was only because it was the preview or would the same thing have happened on any GDR2 phone trying to restore a GDR3 backup?? If so, MS should scan for updates first and then after updates, ask to restore. It took me 3 resets and then an update to figure out. I imagine some would not have thought to try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion