So, I have a 925 from T-Mobile with the recently released Black firmware. It's supposed to include support for devices with Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy. I've asked to borrow my friend's Polar H7 Heart Rate Monitor to see if my Lumia can find it, but no luck so far. I've tried it several times, confirming that my friends' iPhone and HTC Android can see the device. This is really bumming me since I've wanted this feature for the longest time and that this feature would save me hundreds of dollars not having to buy a GPS watch with HRM. I like to listen to my music when I run but also is trying to improve my fitness so these devices are something I really need.

Can anyone confirm they are able to connect these type of devices to the 925 from T-Mobile? If so, then I may just have a bad phone with the radio messed up. I can see other bluetooth like laptops and headsets, but not the BT 4.0 LE devices.

Thanks!
    02-26-2014 10:19 AM
    There are almost no Bluetooth 4.0 devices that are being supported by the Lumia series right now. Or, to say it correctly: the devices don't support your Lumia.
    02-26-2014 02:57 PM
    Isn't that the reason for standardization though? I mean, my Lumia should still detect the device since it's using a standard, correct? What's the use of Nokia putting BT 4.0 support if it doesn't support any devices? I know the Adidas devices supposedly have support for Lumia series phones, but apparently no one here at the forum uses them.
    02-26-2014 03:20 PM
    Need APIs and SDKs to create connection between gadget and phone. None of that is available yet.
    02-26-2014 03:26 PM
    Even just for the phone to recognize the device, i.e. going to Settings -> Bluetooth? I thought devices code for the Bluetooth Standard?. I understand you need those for applications, but for just recognizing the device?
    02-26-2014 03:47 PM
    Bluetooth is a standard for communicating data. Within that there are profiles for different devices and abilities. Just because you support Bluetooth 4.0, doesn't mean you support all the devices/abilities.

I would imagine Nokia have the capability to implement and of that, but i doubt anyone else has the ability to add them.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk
    02-26-2014 03:51 PM
    I know nothing about it but supposed to be first campat with windows phone 8. Says coming in April.

Kreyos- The Meteor smart watch
    Last edited by jlangner; 02-26-2014 at 04:17 PM.
    02-26-2014 04:07 PM
    Doesnt look like has built in hear monitor though.
    02-26-2014 04:18 PM
    @SnailUK So going with what you said, Nokia did not implement the proper profiles to support any of the currently existing BT 4.0 LE devices. If that is the case, then that is a big fail on Nokia.
    02-26-2014 04:23 PM
    Why is it a fail for Nokia? It should be Microsoft doing it, not only that, but there are absolutely loads of profiles. Many of which have no apps available, so why add untestable code?

The question is wether Nokia can add profiles as and when interesting devices need them. As wearable a are hot stuff at the moment, I bet Nokia are working on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-27-2014 11:13 AM
    Actually the Adidas heart rate monitor works but I'm not sure if it only works with the micoach app.

https://micoach.adidas.com/com/heartratemonitor
    02-27-2014 01:53 PM
    Why is it a fail for Nokia? It should be Microsoft doing it, not only that, but there are absolutely loads of profiles. Many of which have no apps available, so why add untestable code?

The question is wether Nokia can add profiles as and when interesting devices need them. As wearable a are hot stuff at the moment, I bet Nokia are working on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I understand and agree Microsoft should have implemented that in the beginning.
    02-28-2014 03:07 AM
    Actually the Adidas heart rate monitor works but I'm not sure if it only works with the micoach app.

https://micoach.adidas.com/com/heartratemonitor
    can you confirm this? Do you have the device and a Lumia 925?
    02-28-2014 03:08 AM
    can you confirm this? Do you have the device and a Lumia 925?
    I personally can't but here is a review of it with a 720 and I believe the Black update. Read the comments section. There is some more info there about the Polar device as well.

Adidas miCoach Heart Rate Monitor (HRM 2) hands-on for Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 | NokNok.tv

Also, a word on specific enhancements with this monitor and the black update.

Adidas miCoach for Windows Phone 8 Lumia Devices Updated with Stride Sensor Integration and More
    02-28-2014 09:06 AM
    Just another note...The reviews for this device are not great. So, proceed with caution.
    02-28-2014 09:08 AM
    As said above, the SDK (Standard Developer Kits) are not yet available so developers can't develop for bluetooth 4.0. It's just that it's "too new", it's no ones fault. Within 6 months device compatibility will grow significantly.
    02-28-2014 06:52 PM
    from Kreyos here.
    the Kreyos Meteor connects through BT 4.0 and is compatible with WP8- which should be available on launch.
    currently, we are on schedule to ship the Meteor this April, just locking down the ship date.
    we'd really like to apologisze for the delays caused, but it's gonna be worth it!

@jlanger we shall support ANT+ (aka heart rate monitor) soon/in the near future.
    Last edited by Charlene Chua; 04-16-2014 at 12:55 AM. Reason: had to reply to jlanger
    04-16-2014 12:49 AM
    The polar H7 works with the Adidas miCoach app. Turn Bluetooth on and connect to the sensor through the app. The Bluetooth settings page won't find it, but the app does.
    05-01-2014 03:41 PM
    Thank you! All the other apps I tried had me go to my phones Bluetooth settings page and that didn't detect my H7, but Adidas MiCoach worked! I have a Nokia Lumia 521
    07-09-2014 09:57 PM
    For what it's worth, I've just purchased the Polar H6 and it paired with my Lumia 925 (paired through the phones Bluetooth settings). I even have my Heart rate showing up in Endomondo.
    09-11-2014 04:11 AM