925 a little wet

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that in a device like this, it is often the case (but certainly not always) that when a phone gets submerged like this, the battery shorts out quickly, meaning that the phone is possibly still ok. It's impossible to know for sure without ripping it apart, and if you don't have a multimeter to check the battery, it's not worth buying one to find out.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
how do people have rice readily available for this? I've always put my mobile devices in the freezer for 5 hours and then let it rest for 24 hours before powering it back on
uncooked rice!
its not exactly rare in many households.

I won't comment on the freezer thing.
I will. The wisdom in freezing your device with water in it is, how shall we say... Lacking.

First, it doesn't accomplish anything helpful. The water that's in there will still be in there when you take it out of the freezer, so if you think you're freeze drying the phone, you're not.
Second, it is potentially quite harmful. When water freezes, it expands by ten percent in volume. That's why ice cubes float. 10% of the mass is above the waterline because of the 10% increase in volume and the associated decrease in mass density. This means in the right places in the phone, it could cause physical damage - cracking - in addition to the already possible/likely water damage. Ever put a soda in the freezer and forget about it? Yes, the can will burst.

No. Do not freeze your waterlogged devices.

Last edited:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I will. The wisdom in freezing your device with water in it is, how shall we say... Not the wisest thing you can do.

First, it doesn't accomplish anything helpful. The water that's in there will still be in there when you take it out of the freezer, so if you think you're freeze drying the phone, you're not.
Second, it is quite potentially harmful. When water freezes, it

No. Do not freeze your waterlogged devices.

Don't put a mobile device in the freezer. Period. There's never a good time to do that. It'll never be helpful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes