Should I buy a L925 now ???

Mohammad Reza2

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

For the past three years I've been very happy with my 808 PureView AND following the Lumia line with interest, now my kids have left the nest and I'm not much into photography any longer, so even the camera on the 925 is good enough. My budget is kinda low and the unlocked 925 has been reduced in my hometown to 260 US$, I know the 930 is about 3 month away from release but then it'll be 600 US$.

So what do you guys think? should I buy the 925 now or wait for one more month until all the little bugs are cleared from the 8.1 update, and maybe the price would come lower?

Thanks in advance.

Bobak.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
i'd say no because i have had a bad experience with the 925 but others have had good experiences so i don't want to bad mouth nokia products so i guess you need to go to the lumia 925 thread and have a read

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I have a feeling that $199 price is going to be the low end of the spectrum for pricing. As for if you should buy one, it depends. What's most important to you in this list?

- Camera - yes
- Music - no
- Gaming - no
- Mobile Office - yes
- video streaming - yes vs. - video downloading - no

The issue with the 925 at this point is the fixed memory. 16GB leaves only 10 usable once you get the basics on board. That is just a few hours of video or a few big games. Not the best scenario. Something like the 521 (yes the lower cost model) with the developer preview of 8.1 will now let you install Apps to the SD card which means virtually unlimited storage options. This makes it a better choice for almost everything but camera and video functions. I also give the nod to the nicer screen for video streaming - but not for downloading (storage). I also like the larger screen for reading e-books, using Office and browsing.

For me, the 925 is a great device, but I value the Camera as the most important part of my device. I do minimal gaming (about 1GB of games total), very little music (I have 1 or 2 - 15 song playlists and 2 Nokia Music downloaded lists) and lots of emailing and Kindle reading. Honestly, I would trade this for a 1520 in no time based on my usage, but for 1/3 the price, the 925 is a GREAT phone.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't buy refurbished electronics since items are returned for sporadic problems and resold without fixing them if the problem isn't happening when/how tested.

But even if I did buy refurbished electronics, I would never do so for one that has an integrated battery, like the 925 does. One of the most common problems with used/refurbished battery powered devices is the battery is middle aged (or worse). Not so important, when you can just pop a new battery in, but battery replacement on a 925 could cost as much as the phones sell for these days.

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't buy refurbished electronics since items are returned for sporadic problems and resold without fixing them if the problem isn't happening when/how tested.

But even if I did buy refurbished electronics, I would never do so for one that has an integrated battery, like the 925 does. One of the most common problems with used/refurbished battery powered devices is the battery is middle aged (or worse). Not so important, when you can just pop a new battery in, but battery replacement on a 925 could cost as much as the phones sell for these days.

I dont buy refurbished or used things either, but I decided to get one of these because the price was really good and its just to use for a few months until the REAL flagship WP 8.1 device is announced(2k res screen, Snapdragon 805, etc) because I am one of the people that Microsoft and Nokia screwed over with a Lumia 900.
I can even resell it for $250-$300 which is what a used 925 is going for if I dont like it. The majority of these refurbished phones are phones that people returned to AT&T within their 14 day return period because they did not like it or tried it and decided they wanted a different phone.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
You can get a brand new L925 right now on NewEgg for $199. You're not going to get above $200 when selling your used 925.
Newegg.com - Nokia Lumia 925 T-Mobile 4G LTE No Contract Smart Phone

That's depends. Here in Brazil, I can sell my used Lumia 925 for $300 in one day! Maybe he isn't american or don't live in America too.

About the topic, with the right price, Lumia 925 still a nice option! Good camera, nice battery life, good hardware, very beautiful screen, weightless and sexy lol

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
You can get a brand new L925 right now on NewEgg for $199. You're not going to get above $200 when selling your used 925.
Newegg.com - Nokia Lumia 925 T-Mobile 4G LTE No Contract Smart Phone

That's for the Tmobile version. Anyway, even if I sell it for 200 or a little less I am still more than doubling my money. I have the AT&T version which AT&T themselves sell off contract refurbished for $350. Other places online sell it for 280+ used. I'm in the U.S. , but other places like in Europe these phones cost a lot more so $300 would be a steal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes