ATT 925 for 79.99 OFF CONTRACT! [deal over. price back to $350]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emcee

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine will be deliverd at 3 but need to wait till I'm off work. Consensus on updating? Should I just wait for Nokia? How long will that be though...

I think the update will be officially released this summer, but we don't have an official date.

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
First thing I did after receiving the phone is to update to 8.1.

So far, I am not experiencing any issues that you have mentioned or anything else that I would think is not normal. I did noticed that the back cover is a bit loose (it pops back out a tiny bit). The other thing is how the back is like a fingerprint magnet. A bit disappointed about that, but overall the phone running great. I'm thinking of going to an AT&T store, and try to see if I can swap it, but I have 8.1 installed, which voided my warranty, so that's that. lol.

I really can't complain for $80.00 + tax.

Who has installed the Dev Preview? Did your mic stop working like some 925 users have reported?

falcon304

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Similar to Visual360's phone, the top of my back plate is a tad loose. I want to say I remember this being a common thing when it first came out though. So no big deal? Otherwise it seems pretty great so far.

Simply because of the weight difference, a better screen, and 8.1 just launching, going from a 920 to this feel like an iPhone 4 to 5 sort of upgrade, even though it's the same internals.

mtb1

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Loving the phone, loving 8.1 Cortana kicks ***! Being able too swipe text is great as well. I have zero issues moving from Android, still learning it all, apps etc. Don't know the problem people seem too complain about, plenty of apps.😁 will play with it a little more and report back.

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Did more research about the loose back cover, and you are correct, it is a common problem with the L925. Oh well.

I'm thinking of jamming some superglue in there, so it would stop popping back out. Actually, I think I'll do that, because I don't use case on any of my phone, so this one bothers me a lot. LOL.

Similar to Visual360's phone, the top of my back plate is a tad loose. I want to say I remember this being a common thing when it first came out though. So no big deal? Otherwise it seems pretty great so far.

Simply because of the weight difference, a better screen, and 8.1 just launching, going from a 920 to this feel like an iPhone 4 to 5 sort of upgrade, even though it's the same internals.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I enjoyed my brief moment with the 925. It has now officially replaced my girl's Lumia 900. She seems very happy with it and has already purchased a case from Amazon. Everything seems to be working fine, granted I didn't check the headphone jack. Hopefully that too is problem free. It's a really slick device, IMO. Feels good in the hand, lightweight and looks like a premium handset. Screen quality is great with the AMOLED screen. It's enough to make me jealous, lol. Still, I'm happy with my 920.

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey HeyCori... That didn't sound right. lol.

Anyway, did you noticed how Glance looks way better on the L920 compare to the L925? Looks like the L920 retains more of the shading/grading than on the L925. Could because they use different panel.

I enjoyed my brief moment with the 925. It has now officially replaced my girl's Lumia 900. She seems very happy with it and has already purchased a case from Amazon. Everything seems to be working fine, granted I didn't check the headphone jack. Hopefully that too is problem free. It's a really slick device, IMO. Feels good in the hand, lightweight and looks like a premium handset. Screen quality is great with the AMOLED screen. It's enough to make me jealous, lol. Still, I'm happy with my 920.

gbold3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I guess I need to call back and try again to cancel without sending my phone back. What "excuse" has everybody used to cancel your service? AT&T labeled me "buyers remorse" when I stated I did not need the service.

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess I need to call back and try again to cancel without sending my phone back. What "excuse" has everybody used to cancel your service? AT&T labeled me "buyers remorse" when I stated I did not need the service.

Buying it as a gift for someone who already has an ATT plan.

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I told the AT&T rep that I want to cancel the line because the only reason I open a line is to buy the phone for $80.00.

​They really couldn't do anything except trying to convince me that I should keep the line because AT&T is the best. So, I told them "I know", because I have 4 active lines with AT&T. lol.

Anyway, you really don't need any "excuse" to cancel the line. Just tell them straight. You bought the phone off contract.

Let us know how it goes, but you should be okay.

yeah3x

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I told the AT&T rep that I want to cancel the line because the only reason I open a line is to buy the phone for $80.00.

​They really couldn't do anything except trying to convince me that I should keep the line because AT&T is the best. So, I told them "I know", because I have 4 active lines with AT&T. lol.

Anyway, you really don't need any "excuse" to cancel the line. Just tell them straight. You bought the phone off contract.

Let us know how it goes, but you should be okay.

Yep. I had called a rep at first because I couldn't get the phone to go through an upgrade so I bought as a new line. He said since you bought with no annual contract you can cancel the plan at any time. He said he has never heard of this happening for a non-contract phone but if they give you problems to call / take to store and explain there was an issue with the upgrade part and he gave me my ticket number to use. It is not subsidized though so they can't take it back. Just say you are cancelling. Don't need a reason.

gbold3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Bingo! I called again and clearly stated the phone was a refurb and not tied to the line. This time they cancelled the service without demanding I return the phone. Thanks for the help, very much appreciated! Hope the phone is there tonight :) First thing is to get 8.1 on it and then the wireless conversion.

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Bingo! I called again and clearly stated the phone was a refurb and not tied to the line. This time they cancelled the service without demanding I return the phone. Thanks for the help, very much appreciated! Hope the phone is there tonight :) First thing is to get 8.1 on it and then the wireless conversion.

It doesnt matter if the phone is a refurb or new. If you bought it off contract then you own the phone outright since you paid full price for it and you do not have to return it. The rep that told you that you need to return it was wrong or though you got a contract since the price of the phone was so low.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to WP ntb1. I have two Android tablets; but all my smartphones (4) are Lumia's now, I came from LG however. Never went back. Think you are going to like it here. Not that anything is wrong with Android (like I said my tablets are Android).But I keep looking at the Dell Venue 8 every time I go into Best Buy. Some people are never happy no matter how many devices they get. LOL

yeah3x

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have a question for all. I called yesterday to cancel after I received the phone before I turned it on. The guy I talked to said that I would have to pay an activation fee. I told him this is a non-contract phone and I'm using my existing SIM card and plan so I'm not activating it. He claims it was a pricing error and that I would have to pay the activation fee that would appear on a first statement of the bill in order to keep the phone. Should I call tonight and most likely get another rep and see what happens? I even told him I had a ticket number from a tech rep because I was going to use it as an upgrade but due to a website error it would not appear in the store. He then said even if it was an upgrade I would have to pay the fee. They are not allowed to do this are they? Did anyone else get a similar experience or was this guy trying to take advantage of me?

yeah3x

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I was told by that as long as you cancel within 72 hours then you don't have to pay for anything.
Ya I asked that and he claimed I had 72 hours to return with no fees. I might call tonight. The guy I talked to seemed sketchy. No one else is paying this it seems...

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow, this is such a pain in the...

I would call again, and find someone that is more knowledgeable. How can they charge you activation fee, when you're not activating the new line. I just can't understand that. Secondly, I don't think it was a pricing mistake, as the AT&T rep I talked to didn't even go that route.

When you call, just go straight to the point. No need to come up with excuses. Just tell them that you want to cancel the line.

Anyway, let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Ok I have a question for all. I called yesterday to cancel after I received the phone before I turned it on. The guy I talked to said that I would have to pay an activation fee. I told him this is a non-contract phone and I'm using my existing SIM card and plan so I'm not activating it. He claims it was a pricing error and that I would have to pay the activation fee that would appear on a first statement of the bill in order to keep the phone. Should I call tonight and most likely get another rep and see what happens? I even told him I had a ticket number from a tech rep because I was going to use it as an upgrade but due to a website error it would not appear in the store. He then said even if it was an upgrade I would have to pay the fee. They are not allowed to do this are they? Did anyone else get a similar experience or was this guy trying to take advantage of me?

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
You said you would use your existing sim, so I'm assuming you already have AT&T. If you already have a plan with them like me, then you don't have to call for anything. Just pop your sim card in. My 925 came and I popped my sim card in and was good to go. No activation or anything needed. It did come with a pre installed sim card and when I called AT&T, they said if my old sim card works then I can use it and keep the new sim card as a backup.

If you added another line to get the phone, then you have to call and cancel the line. There shouldn't be an activation fee since you never activated the phone and have no intention of using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon