ATT 925 for 79.99 OFF CONTRACT! [deal over. price back to $350]

Status
Not open for further replies.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The fact it went from 79.99 to 349.99 makes me think it was a website pricing snafu, but they will probably uphold the prices.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Just received a notification of pricing error... My order has been cancelled... Apparently they are honoring the pricing for 'existing' customers, but not for new customers that did not sign a contract. Out of the bottom of their hearts, they did offer me the device free with a 2 year agreement though.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Just received a notification of pricing error... My order has been cancelled... Apparently they are honoring the pricing for 'existing' customers, but not for new customers that did not sign a contract. Out of the bottom of their hearts, they did offer me the device free with a 2 year agreement though.

Daaaaaaaaamn. The same could very well happen to me. :(

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Woah, damn.

I'm a current customer, but I bought it as a new customer. So far no email about pricing error yet, except for the phone been shipped, and they provided me a FedEx tracking number. It will be here tomorrow.

Since it's already in FedEx hands, would they still be able to intercept the package?

​I guess we'll see if I get here tomorrow, and how it will unfold. lol.

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've just check on my bank again, and there is a "pending" charge of $114.99, and not $79.99. Not sure why it's $5.00 cheaper than what they have charged you, but still not $79.99. I'm not sure where the extra $35.00 occur. I'm thinking activation fee, but I have not activate the phone yet. LOL.

I guess I'll find out once the actual charge occurred and when I receive the phone tomorrow.

Just got an email, the phone will be at my address by 8pm tomorrow. total is 119.99.. Ca. taxes. Grrrr...

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine yesterday at 4pm, 87.19 total cost. Got email that order was processed and sent to shipping at 5:30. Got email today saying order was shipped. Heard a lot people saying they were having problems, I had none. Now my phone will probably be put together backwards when I get it. HA,HA,HA

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app

mtb1

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I've just check on my bank again, and there is a "pending" charge of $114.99, and not $79.99. Not sure why it's $5.00 cheaper than what they have charged you, but still not $79.99. I'm not sure where the extra $35.00 occur. I'm thinking activation fee, but I have not activate the phone yet. LOL.

I guess I'll find out once the actual charge occurred and when I receive the phone tomorrow.
you in Ca.? If so, yea weird why it's 5 bucks less, hmmmmm. The plot thickens, lol..

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup, in Silicon Valley.

What's the retail for this phone? $399.99? 9% CA tax is around $35 - So, seems correct to me. What is f** up is why they tax us retail, but I guess that's CA. lol.

you in Ca.? If so, yea weird why it's 5 bucks less, hmmmmm. The plot thickens, lol..

Darren Lay

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got an email from AT&T saying I need to call and answer questions to verify my order and, I had until the 28th. After being on hold for 15 minutes, I went through a series of questions including my home address, SSN, and four multiple choice questions dealing with past loans, previous employment etc. After I passed, they confirmed that I my item will ship within 24 hours. I already went through a credit check process when I ordered the phone. Something tells me that they screwed up on the pricing of this phone and are banking on people being too lazy to follow up with their order so they don't have to honor the order. That's just my guess.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I just got an email from AT&T saying I need to call and answer questions to verify my order and, I had until the 28th. After being on hold for 15 minutes, I went through a series of questions including my home address, SSN, and four multiple choice questions dealing with past loans, previous employment etc. After I passed, they confirmed that I my item will ship within 24 hours. I already went through a credit check process when I ordered the phone. Something tells me that they screwed up on the pricing of this phone and are banking on people being too lazy to follow up with their order so they don't have to honor the order. That's just my guess.

Yup, it looks like everyone left for Easter because the website was screwed up for several days. They probably are trying to see who calls to verify so they'll have an excuse not to honor the pricing. I got the same email and I don't remember having to do that with any of my other devices.

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine is due to be delivered tomorrow. The only charge I've seen is for $84 on the card I paid for the phone with. I already called AT&T today and canceled the new account.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

yeah3x

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue of ATT Premier store not showing the upgrade so after hours on phone Saturday the guy said he would escalate my issue to tech support. In the meantime I tried ordering as a new line but of course I was $6 short on credit card and payment didn't go through till this morning. I used the form ATT emailed about insufficient funds and re entered payment info but now it's giving me an error and telling me to contact this phone number. I guess I will try it at lunch. The techrep I talked to yesterday said I could use my existing sim in the new phone and just never activate the new sim and be fine but I could always go to an ATT store to be sure and cancel it with the ticket number I got as a reference. I'm hoping when I call this will work but of course I am SIX dollars over CC limit if payment went through. SMH hope I can get this deal still.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Even at 119$, it's still a great deal. I got mine two days after I ordered it. They ship out of Fort Worth and I live in Louisiana. Good old Texan's, Remember the Alamo.

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app

Last edited:

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It says "delivery exception" on mine. Whatever that means.

Called FedEx, and the customer service says there's no problem and will be delivered today before 8:00PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes