Why do I only have 10 days of warranty left?

wpcentralacc

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
So I did a Warranty Check on Nokia's website and it gave me this:

Warranty: In warranty in the US

Warranty verification is valid for the following 10 days. Read more about your device's limited warranty. Note that there are some exceptions to warranty coverage such as liquid and physical damage.

If your device has physical or liquid damage, there are third party vendors that may be able to repair your out of warranty device such as Palco Telecom: Palco Repair Center. Note that Nokia is not responsible for the pricing, service, quality or completion of any out of warranty repairs by a third party vendor.

Does this mean I only have 10 days left? I just got my phone, and I'm worried that it was used if I only have 10 days left.
Can anyone try and see if you got the same result?

Warranty status - Nokia - USA

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Same here.
Not sure why this is.
All I know is Nokia is good about repairs for one year after lighting up the IMEI.

wpcentralacc

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Do you know by any chance if there is a way when a device is registered? Because I have a feeling mine is used even though I bought it for new. The reason is my battery is very poor and I feel like a previous owner used the phone a lot.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Ahh...umm
There a way to check phone "up time" by doing some key presses.
Hoosierdaddy posted that when he got his phone.

I'll look unless you find the info first.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Found it!
It was posted by Lordlzzy:
Apparently the phone has the equivalent of a cars odometer called a "Lifetime Counter". If you type ##634# into the dial pad it will bring up a screen that gives you the Lifetime Counter along with some other info.

Here's mine:
wp_ss_20140428_0005.png

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
It's not saying that you have ten days of warranty left. It's saying that they only guarantee it's accurate for another ten days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes