Official 925 Cyan Thread

deepsp

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Can you hook up an on the go (otg) cable so you can use a keyboard? Or can you connect to a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse? Please respond, I really wanted this and. MS said we were to get it, but they say. A lot of stuff.

Hi Peg Leg,
I really want to help you with this. But I don't have neither of those. I would ask my friends and see if they have. Sorry:unhappy:

deepsp

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I am 100% sure that we with 925/920 aren't going to get any bumb on the camera problems nor get any repair it. Lets face it regarding camera even the L630 will get more love (style of nokia, ms etc).

This is true. I took some photos yesterday and found that yellow tinge - initially thought it was because of some lighting problems. But after reading about this common issue, I think the problem still exits in the general release.

deepsp

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Most of your notes are 8.1 related and not Cyan. Cyan brings supposed camera improvements and maybe some performance or battery life tweaks over 8.1 Developer Preview

But I think the ones who benefit from Cyan update mostly is the current high end windows phones - 1020, 1520....

deepsp

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I hope this clears up some issues. We've had 8.1 installed trough developer preview for months now, so there's already plenty written on this topic.

Thank you for your detailed reply Jan. By customization I meant - sorry I didn't think about it much. The option is meant to notify you about things that you need the most and I think it does it fine----Oooops my bad. I changed the region to US and Cortana just got installed - but didn't try it as I had to change back to my own region. Also I read that if you change the region,enable cortana and then when you change the region back to your original, the Store app could crash. But my store app is working fine after that - so no more experimentation's.

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
But I think the ones who benefit from Cyan update mostly is the current high end windows phones - 1020, 1520....
Well the 1020 is basically a 925 with a better camera. Specwise the 920/925/1020 are virtually on the same level. Personally I honestly doubt Cyan will be much of an update for those who are already running the latest 8.1 DP. For those who are (still) running 8.0 Black things will be much different of course. In addition I also doubt the camera improvements will be noticeable in terms of color problems like the wrong taints on the better Lumias. The 925 isn't the only phone affected by such stuff after all.

I somehow fear that Cyan will mostly add some gimmicky stuff like additional brightness settings (which is quite useful though!) and updated Nokia apps like Camera and Here Maps.

deepsp

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Well the 1020 is basically a 925 with a better camera. Specwise the 920/925/1020 are virtually on the same level. Personally I honestly doubt Cyan will be much of an update for those who are already running the latest 8.1 DP. For those who are (still) running 8.0 Black things will be much different of course. In addition I also doubt the camera improvements will be noticeable in terms of color problems like the wrong taints on the better Lumias. The 925 isn't the only phone affected by such stuff after all.

I somehow fear that Cyan will mostly add some gimmicky stuff like additional brightness settings (which is quite useful though!) and updated Nokia apps like Camera and Here Maps.

You are absolutely true here. Apart from changes in OS, no addons or visible changes from the manufacturer.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Most of your notes are 8.1 related and not Cyan. Cyan brings supposed camera improvements and maybe some performance or battery life tweaks over 8.1 Developer Preview

It's pretty obvious he didn't install the developer preview so for him Cyan == 8.1
Don't be mad at him :) Cyan is really just 8.1 + new firmware.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone with Cyan installed answer me?

Did they add Data internet connection to action center? Please dont tell me they didnt ..

Also did you noticed increased battery life ?

Peterchen399

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone been able to use this article: This work-around will let you get Nokia Cyan on your Lumia 925 now! | WMPoweruser
to install Cyan on an AT&T Lumia 925? I keep getting this error:0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.
I'm currently running WP 8.1 Preview, but going to try rolling back to 8 and see if it works.

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone been able to use this article: This work-around will let you get Nokia Cyan on your Lumia 925 now! | WMPoweruser
to install Cyan on an AT&T Lumia 925? I keep getting this error:0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.
I'm currently running WP 8.1 Preview, but going to try rolling back to 8 and see if it works.

Do you have rm-892 or rm-893 and which rom did you use? Finland or Argentina? Finland is rm892 and Argentina rm893

How did you tried to flash it?

Peterchen399

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Do you have rm-892 or rm-893 and which rom did you use? Finland or Argentina? Finland is rm892 and Argentina rm893

How did you tried to flash it?

I have the RM-893, and I used the Argentina ROM. I tried flashing it with the guide above, running 8.1 DP, but the error always pops up, no matter which rom I choose.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Basically all of the pureview phones were ruined with the Amber firmware. 920/925/928/1020. It stands to reason that firmware should be able to either fix or reverse the issue :( I had a 920 since launch, and it had no yellow tint until Amber. Now I have a 1020 and it also has the yellow/green tint. But so far it seems like some people are saying the yellow tint is better, and some are saying it's still there. I guess we'll have to wait for a wider rollout before we can get some people to post sample images.

deepsp

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
It's pretty obvious he didn't install the developer preview so for him Cyan == 8.1
Don't be mad at him :) Cyan is really just 8.1 + new firmware.

Thank you Jan. I never wanted to take a risk in installing the developer preview and void my warranty thereby. Other than 930, 1520, Icon, for the rest of the lumia series of phones Cyan update alone means I think almost nothing. It is the 8.1 update that is important for 925 or other Lumia devices. As somebody here said, Cyan is about camera and those camera improvements are only for 930, 1520 and Icon.

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys, So I flashed the Finland CV black version GDR3 on my Lumia 925 (RM892, India). Set region to finland and the device updated to Cyan firmware. Installed the developer preview app, got another update.

Firmware - 3051.500009.1424.0001
OS Version - 8.10.12397.895

Here are some observations that I need someone to confirm upon:

1. Battery life has improved noticeably, to the extent of almost 1.3x of battery life on 8.1 developer preview (that I had previously installed)
2. Camera performance seems to have improved marginally.
3. Call quality. This is where things seem to have gone bad. Ever since I have flashed the ROM, people seem to not hear me clearly on the other hand, similarly the audio reception at my end too seems to have worsened. Any one else facing this issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes