10-15-2014 02:36 PM
363 123 ...
tools
    Now that there are at least a few people who have gotten the Cyan update through OTA or flash, I wanted to start a thread for people who have the update to let us know if they have noticed anything different with the update. One thing a lot of us are curious about is camera improvements. Other features like project to screen(miracast) Double tap to lock (weird feature, but was supposedly official on wpcentral), benchmarks, performance, and anything else!

Thanks!
    06-28-2014 03:08 PM
    ...and battery life...
    06-29-2014 10:36 AM
    The Cyan update with Argentina ROM its fake.

Dont flash.
    06-29-2014 11:49 AM
    Newbie question but what is cyan..?
    21stNow likes this.
    06-29-2014 06:24 PM
    Newbie question but what is cyan..?
    Lumia Cyan is an update for Nokia's Lumia devices. It'll bring Windows Phone 8.1 officially... And please do a little research before asking 😉.
    Rafael Yousuf likes this.
    06-29-2014 06:36 PM
    And please do a little research before asking .
    Fa shizzle my nizzle I will do that brodie...
    4hab likes this.
    06-29-2014 06:55 PM
    Hi all,

I am from Finland. I got the cyan update day before yesterday.
    *Loving the transparent tiles
    *Haven't used the camera app extensively so cannot comment on changes
    *Notification bar is another major update. But would have been nice if there was a battery indicator there and if there was an option to add more notification based apps. The thing I found is you can switch on wifi directly from the notification bar but inorder to switch it of it takes you to the wifi settings page and switch off as usual.
    *Battery seems to have improved.

There is no option to customize the new notification bar.
    I have a question - Do I need to install storyteller app myself? Because I thought that it was included with 8.1 update package.

AND NO CORTANA

And one more thing. I noticed a new Maps app in addition to Nokia Here Maps. Can anyone tell me is it different from Here maps? Is it from Microsoft directly?
    06-29-2014 09:02 PM
    Hi all,

*Notification bar is another major update. But would have been nice if there was a battery indicator there and if there was an option to add more notification based apps. The thing I found is you can switch on wifi directly from the notification bar but inorder to switch it of it takes you to the wifi settings page and switch off as usual.

I have a question - Do I need to install storyteller app myself? Because I thought that it was included with 8.1 update package.

AND NO CORTANA

And one more thing. I noticed a new Maps app in addition to Nokia Here Maps. Can anyone tell me is it different from Here maps? Is it from Microsoft directly?
    lumia Cyan is all about camera
    06-29-2014 09:19 PM
    I think they dropped us early testers regarding future camera fixes.
    06-30-2014 05:15 AM
    don't get your hopes high.. updated my L925 to Cyan the other day and green/yellow hue is still there..

Improvements noticed so far:

1. Sound Quality improved (at least in earphones). I always listen with earphones everyday.
    Last edited by gunghu; 06-30-2014 at 10:50 AM.
    06-30-2014 09:42 AM
    The new finland rom for 8.1 and cyan is now available on navifirm for those who have access
    06-30-2014 11:40 AM
    Hi all,

Only 4 quick settings for <5" screens, bigger phone got 5, nothing we can do about it.
    About wifi, think about it, it makes sense: if it's off, the tap turns it on, makes sense, but when it's on, it takes you to list of wifis, which is useful for moving around places and quickly finding available wifis, how often do you actually turn wifi off?

that's great news, battery has never been a strong factor on 925

in what way exactly? there's notifications+actions under settings, where you can fiddle around with it.

I have a question - Do I need to install storyteller app myself? yes, you could've installed on wp8 already.

AND NO CORTANA search forums/google for 'get cortana outside US', basically you need to change your language and region to US and it should work. It's not very useful though, at least for me.

And one more thing. I noticed a new Maps app in addition to Nokia Here Maps. Can anyone tell me is it different from Here maps? Is it from Microsoft directly? Yes, it's M$ app, that you'd find on non-nokia phones.
    I hope this clears up some issues. We've had 8.1 installed trough developer preview for months now, so there's already plenty written on this topic.
    Rodrigo Mendes and deepsp like this.
    06-30-2014 01:48 PM
    don't get your hopes high.. updated my L925 to Cyan the other day and green/yellow hue is still there..

Improvements noticed so far:

1. Sound Quality improved (at least in earphones). I always listen with earphones everyday.
    Aw man really? I saw Lumia 630 sample photos and they were basically showing that there was no yellow tinge. I thought for sure it would be fixed on all phones! But seriously. Amber was supposed to bring better photo tuning, in fact that's what broke the camera and caused the yellow tinge on older phones like 920. And then black was supposed to fix it, but nope. And now cyan, still nope!

What about shot to shot time, or continuous auto-focus? Any new camera features at all?
    06-30-2014 06:35 PM
    lumia Cyan is all about camera
    Lol, true that
    06-30-2014 06:35 PM
    Hi all,

AND NO CORTANA

Most of your notes are 8.1 related and not Cyan. Cyan brings supposed camera improvements and maybe some performance or battery life tweaks over 8.1 Developer Preview
    06-30-2014 06:37 PM
    I am 100% sure that we with 925/920 aren't going to get any bumb on the camera problems nor get any repair it. Lets face it regarding camera even the L630 will get more love (style of nokia, ms etc).
    06-30-2014 07:21 PM
    I am 100% sure that we with 925/920 aren't going to get any bumb on the camera problems nor get any repair it. Lets face it regarding camera even the L630 will get more love (style of nokia, ms etc).
    Sadly I agree...
    06-30-2014 07:41 PM
    I updated with finland ROM... didnt lost LTE.

I see. An improvement in Camera with flash... no more yellow tint.
    06-30-2014 08:50 PM
    I updated with finland ROM... didnt lost LTE.

I see. An improvement in Camera with flash... no more yellow tint.
    Is your phone rm892 or rm893?
    06-30-2014 08:57 PM
    Just got Cyan update on Lumia 925 in Mexico :D
    06-30-2014 09:01 PM
    Is your phone rm892 or rm893?
    It was rM893, but then flashed with the 892 rom.
    06-30-2014 10:15 PM
    It was rM893, but then flashed with the 892 rom.
    Ok, thanks. Maybe I will flash my L925 too!
    06-30-2014 10:51 PM
    Can you hook up an on the go (otg) cable so you can use a keyboard? Or can you connect to a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse? Please respond, I really wanted this and. MS said we were to get it, but they say. A lot of stuff.
    Hi Peg Leg,
    I really want to help you with this. But I don't have neither of those. I would ask my friends and see if they have. Sorry
    07-01-2014 01:12 AM
    This is true. I took some photos yesterday and found that yellow tinge - initially thought it was because of some lighting problems. But after reading about this common issue, I think the problem still exits in the general release.
    07-01-2014 01:14 AM
    Most of your notes are 8.1 related and not Cyan. Cyan brings supposed camera improvements and maybe some performance or battery life tweaks over 8.1 Developer Preview
    But I think the ones who benefit from Cyan update mostly is the current high end windows phones - 1020, 1520....
    07-01-2014 01:16 AM
363 123 ...