Why no Miracast Microsoft/Nokia?

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Let's be real now: The Lumia 925 is a superior over the 630. The CPU and RAM on the 630 are inferior, yet the phone can keep to pace.
I would be really disappointed if this feature were not implemented in the Lumia line (82X, 92X, 1020) or equivalent WP8 devices, especially since these devices have already been certified for miracast support.

Its a really nice feature for presentations, certainly more reliable the Nokia Beamer.

Anyone else care to agree/disagree?

michaelkriss

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I thought it was more of a hardware limitation. Like for example how the 630 has the sensor cor stuff because of the processor it has is able to run discreetly in the background unlike the older ones found in the 920, 1020 ect.

Mac.World

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Let's be real now: The Lumia 925 is a superior over the 630. The CPU and RAM on the 630 are inferior, yet the phone can keep to pace.
I would be really disappointed if this feature were not implemented in the Lumia line (82X, 92X, 1020) or equivalent WP8 devices, especially since these devices have already been certified for miracast support.

Its a really nice feature for presentations, certainly more reliable the Nokia Beamer.

Anyone else care to agree/disagree?

Wait for the official rollout of 8.1 with Cyan.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was more of a hardware limitation. Like for example how the 630 has the sensor cor stuff because of the processor it has is able to run discreetly in the background unlike the older ones found in the 920, 1020 ect.

That is a new feature with the newer chipsets, however I am confident that the hardware running on older devices can manage this feature more efficiently than the Lumia 630.

Wait for the official rollout of 8.1 with Cyan.
I hope so, but not getting my hopes too high :straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon