05-01-2013 03:06 AM
53 123
tools
    Nokia Set to Unveil New Lumia in London on May 14 | TechnoBuffalo

Here's the 928 announcement, maybe Catwalk and EOS as well.
    04-25-2013 10:49 AM
    This is going to be the 928 and Catwalk announcement.. EOS will come in after June..
    04-25-2013 11:03 AM
    A US Verizon-only phone announcement in London? It doesn't make sense.
    DavidinCT, a5cent, benrp and 1 others like this.
    04-25-2013 11:04 AM
    Why would they announce a US specific phone in London?
    04-25-2013 11:09 AM
    Why would they announce a US specific phone in London?
    Exactly. No way will this be the 928 announcement - unless 928 is a LOT more than what we already believe it to be, and that there's enough to it to call it a new generation. I seriously doubt that the 928 is worthy of all this.

TechRadar seems to be the wisest of the tech blogs on this story, IMO. They seem to be the only one that doesn't mention 928 in the article at all. Kudos.
    04-25-2013 11:31 AM
    It would be stupid to announce the 928 so close to a Nokia reveal. Something weird is going on.

Either something went wrong with the 928 release to push it back, or the 928 is indeed going to be global. And for the love of god before half the people on this forum start shouting about the phone having the name of a US exclusive cos its got something other than a 0 on the end...please keep an open mind for once. For all we know the 928 could have been repurposed for a global release due to R+D issues with catwalk.

Either way we will know soon, either on May 14th or before if the 928 gets announced in the US.
    04-25-2013 12:36 PM
    YOU'RE ALL WRONG! LUMIA TABLET FTW!!!!!!!!!!!h[HL][/HL]
    a5cent and nadoj like this.
    04-25-2013 12:39 PM
    YOU'RE ALL WRONG! LUMIA TABLET FTW!!!!!!!!!!!h[HL][/HL]
    I totally agree....

I'd like to see a limited edition baby 'blue' Lumia 2020 tablet, with a '8.1' inch kick *** screen running Windows 8 pro......lol
    04-25-2013 12:44 PM
    In the teaster they have "4" and a "1", 41 MP :)

Nokia always drops hints like these, more here: Subtle 41MP Hint at Nokia Invitation on May 14th Nokia Lumia Event #EOS/PureView? See what happens next : My Nokia Blog
    04-25-2013 12:45 PM

Nokia always drops hints like these, more here: Subtle 41MP Hint at Nokia Invitation on May 14th Nokia Lumia Event #EOS/PureView? See what happens next : My Nokia Blog
    In a tablet??? I don't get it
    Gungzwei likes this.
    04-25-2013 12:49 PM
    i.e. 41 MP camera, like the 808. WP version expected. Tablet I don't believe they are pursuing; initial plans were for RT but that changed. Then focussing on full version but thats been put on hold until they have a real differentiating factor.
    04-25-2013 12:55 PM
    I agree. No way are Nokia announcing a Verizon phone. Verizon will announce the L928 themselves in the U.S. when they are ready. Even if the L928 were to be distributed globally, which makes little sense considering it isn't compatible with anything outside the U.S., Verizon would surely come first.

It's something else...
    hopmedic likes this.
    04-25-2013 12:56 PM

l think you're reading too much into the Verge picture -- they have probably done that on purpose for the story.
    04-25-2013 12:57 PM
    i.e. 41 MP camera, like the 808. WP version expected. Tablet I don't believe they are pursuing; initial plans were for RT but that changed. Then focussing on full version but thats been put on hold until they have a real differentiating factor.
    I know I'm just trollin a bit. But I highly doubt Verizon will be seeing this 41mp camera. I think this is going to AT&T exclusively in the US and wherever the hell the 920 went in the rest of the world. Its depressing, I know a lot of people on Verizon who would kill for a phone with that camera!
    04-25-2013 12:58 PM
    Dont think this is Verizon based. This is a new smartphone announcement, and lets see which carriers in the US get it.

Honestly, don't think there will be a huge event for the Verizon 928, since its basically a refinement of the existing 920.
    04-25-2013 01:06 PM
    I think this is going to AT&T exclusively in the US and wherever the hell the 920 went in the rest of the world
    With the exception of the U.K. it literally went almost everywhere else in the world. Everywhere! There isn't a single carrier in my country on which it isn't available.
    04-25-2013 01:12 PM
    YOU'RE ALL WRONG! LUMIA TABLET FTW!!!!!!!!!!!h
    That would be nice!

I know I'm just trollin a bit. But I highly doubt Verizon will be seeing this 41mp camera. I think this is going to AT&T exclusively in the US and wherever the hell the 920 went in the rest of the world. Its depressing, I know a lot of people on Verizon who would kill for a phone with that camera!
    I don't think you're trolling at all. Verizon won't get a 41mp camera until ATT gets some time with it, then we'll get it when it's old and ATT gets something else better.

Dont think this is Verizon based. This is a new smartphone announcement, and lets see which carriers in the US get it.

Honestly, don't think there will be a huge event for the Verizon 928, since its basically a refinement of the existing 920.
    This.
    04-25-2013 01:31 PM
    Nokia Lumia 928 Release Date Rumors: Windows Phone 8 will be featuring in Verizon

That article hints that the 928 might be released with the new payment plans.

EDIT: Didn't realize that the payment plan was already released, might we see the announcement from Verizon next week?
    04-25-2013 02:17 PM
    Nokia Lumia 928 Release Date Rumors: Windows Phone 8 will be featuring in Verizon

That article hints that the 928 might be released with the new payment plans.
    It also says that the phone will have a "all metal body", seems like they just got all their news from Bloomberg. This does not look like anything we already know.

Oh, well, I was hoping for some *NEW* news today....sigh
    04-25-2013 02:26 PM
    Is Verizon always going to lag behind when it comes to the release of Nokia phones? I mean I know it's been a trend of AT&T always getting the phones first, but with Verizon exceeding expectations on the 822 as mentioned by Abe, one would hope that they'd give one of these Nokia flagships a chance... at this point the damage has indeed been done; it's too close to the GS4 hype, a phone which I am considering as I don't want Nokia's old specs, so that's why I'm hoping Verizon will take a chance on another Nokia flagship to make up for this failure.
    04-25-2013 02:26 PM
    Its possible I don't see why they are dragging their feet with this one, unless May 2 is the first day outside of the AT&T exclusivity contract and the phone cannot even be officially announced before that date nevermind sold.
    04-25-2013 02:29 PM
    Is Verizon always going to lag behind when it comes to the release of Nokia phones? I mean I know it's been a trend of AT&T always getting the phones first, but with Verizon exceeding expectations on the 822 as mentioned by Abe, one would hope that they'd give one of these Nokia flagships a chance... at this point the damage has indeed been done; it's too close to the GS4 hype, a phone which I am considering as I don't want Nokia's old specs, so that's why I'm hoping Verizon will take a chance on another Nokia flagship to make up for this failure.
    With the Lumia 920 from what I understood that AT&T threw money at Nokia to get the device were as VZW didn't being the uncertainty of WP. Maybe now it might be reverse and VZW will throw money at Nokia this time instead of AT&T, doubt thought. I think Nokia wants to get there latest flagship phone (GSM) to a larger market.
    04-25-2013 02:31 PM
    Its possible I don't see why they are dragging their feet with this one, unless May 2 is the first day outside of the AT&T exclusivity contract and the phone cannot even be officially announced before that date nevermind sold.
    I guess that is the next rumor we can hang on for a annoucement, unless VZW says something, I guess next week would make the most sence here....

Another week... Nothing from @VZWsupport been pestering them and they wont give up ANYTHING :(

Yea, I can be a PIA when I want something :)

There was a lot of rumors with the 928, including a new CPU and a lot of other features. Maybe it's a totaly new from what we know ? We dont know anything besides what the screen looks like and a some images of the shell that could be different from the final version ANYTHING ELSE is complete rumor as nothing is official.

The more we think we know about this phone, it could be the less we know.... If it's just a 920 in a different shell, I will be very disapointed after this hype about it...
    04-25-2013 02:36 PM
    I guess that is the next rumor we can hang on for a annoucement, unless VZW says something, I guess next week would make the most sence here....

Another week... Nothing from @VZWsupport been pestering them and they wont give up ANYTHING :(

Yea, I can be a PIA when I want something :)

There was a lot of rumors with the 928, including a new CPU and a lot of other features. Maybe it's a totaly new from what we know ? We dont know anything besides what the screen looks like and a some images of the shell that could be different from the final version ANYTHING ELSE is complete rumor as nothing is official.

The more we think we know about this phone, it could be the less we know.... If it's just a 920 in a different shell, I will be very disapointed after this hype about it...
    One thing Abe was clear about is that the 928 is a Verizon version of the 920 (with a xenon flash) so prepared to be disappointed.
    04-25-2013 02:49 PM
    One thing Abe was clear about is that the 928 is a Verizon version of the 920 (with a xenon flash) so prepared to be disappointed.
    With VZW I always start out disappointed

The 920 core specs are just about a year old, sounds on par for VZW to carry it.
    Last edited by primortal; 04-25-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    Gungzwei and DavidinCT like this.
    04-25-2013 02:51 PM
53 123