05-26-2013 12:53 PM
60 123
tools
    Yeah, they are making offerings to their minority market. Which is why only a small percentage of smartphones come with 64gb on board.

I never claimed to be an expert but I know the difference between minority and majority markets.
    Yes but obviously the minority ie still profitable like I stated above. If they wanted to increase market share, Nokia could produce a 64gb version.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    05-20-2013 11:57 PM
    I ended up selling the Note 2 and buying a Lumia 822. I threw a 32GB card in and it is perfect. I found a good podcast replacement app because the stock Microsoft one is terrible.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    05-25-2013 11:50 AM
    I ended up selling the Note 2 and buying a Lumia 822. I threw a 32GB card in and it is perfect. I found a good podcast replacement app because the stock Microsoft one is terrible.
    Welcome to Lumia 822 and WP8. Yes, 16GB with a 32GB card, is perfect. WP with an SD card (I have a 64GB) is fast, fluid, and flexible. It fits your needs in your life, and easily adjusts to fit my life too. Everyone wins with Windows Phone AND an SD slot.

(I like the built in Xbox Music Podcast App. What App do you think is better, and why?)
    Last edited by Kevin Rush; 05-25-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    05-25-2013 11:39 PM
    Welcome to Lumia 822 and WP8. Yes, 16GB with a 32GB card, is perfect. WP with an SD card (I have a 64GB) is fast, fluid, and flexible. It fits your needs in your life, and easily adjusts to fit my life too. Everyone wins with Windows Phone AND an SD slot.

(I like the built in Xbox Music Podcast App. What App do you think is better, and why?)
    It certainly is awesome. I bought the 822 back in December but exchanged it for the Note 2. I wanted Windows to make a few more games and to have a few more apps. Now all I need is Tapatalk and everything is perfect. I love the 822. Some people reviewed it as being too thick but I think it is perfect. A bigger screen would be nice but it isn't a deal breaker.

I use Podcatcher. I like it a lot more because it doesn't automatically download new podcasts unless you specify for it to do so. Also, it doesn't require you to have 1 podcast from every subscription downloaded to stay subscribed to it. Also, you can search by keywords or by XML url to subscribe to podcasts. Just more options, which to me is well worth the money. I give it 5 stars. This one allows me to listen to my favorite podcast (The Peter Schiff Show). It isn't available through the XBox Music Podcast App. That was one of the reasons for me getting rid of the 822 in December. Now I am absolutely satisfied. I bought it off of Craigslist for $75 and mint condition. I sold my Galaxy Note 2 for $350 in mint condition. So not only did I make money, but I obtained a better phone.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    05-25-2013 11:58 PM
    I did end up getting the 928.. let me tell you it IS awesome!! So far the 32GB isn't causing an issue for me. I am coming from a Lumia 822 and had a 64GB microSD in it. I had a lot of music and pics on the SD card and I have Pics and Vids auto-sync to SkyDrive. Came to the realization that I could just delete the pics from my phone once they are synced. Also I had a lot of music that I really didnt' care for on my SD card. So I also trimmed what I had on that down to what I like the most. Almost all my music is on Google Music so I use GooRoovster for that. I also lost unlimited data when I upgraded. Losing unlimited for me wasn't that big of a deal as I work from home and I am always on wifi. Think I only went over 2GB once in the last 6 months.

Thanks juvethesecond for posting the AIRstash idea... may have to pick up one of those... would be awesome next time I go on Vaca to have one of these as an option!
    05-26-2013 12:53 AM
    It certainly is awesome. I bought the 822 back in December but exchanged it for the Note 2. I wanted Windows to make a few more games and to have a few more apps. Now all I need is Tapatalk and everything is perfect. I love the 822. Some people reviewed it as being too thick but I think it is perfect. A bigger screen would be nice but it isn't a deal breaker.

I use Podcatcher. I like it a lot more because it doesn't automatically download new podcasts unless you specify for it to do so. Also, it doesn't require you to have 1 podcast from every subscription downloaded to stay subscribed to it. Also, you can search by keywords or by XML url to subscribe to podcasts. Just more options, which to me is well worth the money. I give it 5 stars. This one allows me to listen to my favorite podcast (The Peter Schiff Show). It isn't available through the XBox Music Podcast App. That was one of the reasons for me getting rid of the 822 in December. Now I am absolutely satisfied. I bought it off of Craigslist for $75 and mint condition. I sold my Galaxy Note 2 for $350 in mint condition. So not only did I make money, but I obtained a better phone.
    Actually lucky for you man. There are rumours of an official taptalk app coming soon to WP :-)
    05-26-2013 01:20 AM
    no one has even mentioned battery life ........ yeah there is data to worry about but what about battery life streaming that music that could be stored on your device locally?? for me a micro sd slot and 16/32gb mass memory is minimal , I had to sell my 920 and have gone back to my nokia 808 until nokia finally make a true 808/920 hybrid with micro sd slot and 808 like sensor with ois from the 920

what difference does it make? they put a sim slot in the unibody design so put a micro sd slot in the unibody like the nokia n8 , if people don't use it they don't use it , if people like me need it great we can put a 64gb card in it and buy the device instead of having to buy something else with better memory or sit and wait

trying to force people into streaming etc is never going to work because of the impact on battery life , data useage , network coverage etc etc
    rkeenan and Kevin Rush like this.
    05-26-2013 06:38 AM
    I just keep my most used music on the phone and use cloudmuzik to cache songs from google play or albums I want to hear the next day at night at home. Then remove as needed. Haven't used an SD card for two years for music or videos. Works for me but maybe not everyone.
    05-26-2013 07:43 AM
    I did end up getting the 928.. let me tell you it IS awesome!! So far the 32GB isn't causing an issue for me. I am coming from a Lumia 822 and had a 64GB microSD in it. I had a lot of music and pics on the SD card and I have Pics and Vids auto-sync to SkyDrive. Came to the realization that I could just delete the pics from my phone once they are synced. Also I had a lot of music that I really didnt' care for on my SD card. So I also trimmed what I had on that down to what I like the most. Almost all my music is on Google Music so I use GooRoovster for that. I also lost unlimited data when I upgraded. Losing unlimited for me wasn't that big of a deal as I work from home and I am always on wifi. Think I only went over 2GB once in the last 6 months.

Thanks juvethesecond for posting the AIRstash idea... may have to pick up one of those... would be awesome next time I go on Vaca to have one of these as an option!
    Yeah, data usage for me is always a problem because I work in the financial industry, so none of office has WiFi because it is easier for hackers to gain access to sensitive information. If I was able to be on WIFI all day, then it wouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    05-26-2013 12:51 PM
    Actually lucky for you man. There are rumours of an official taptalk app coming soon to WP :-)
    I saw that. I was going to buy a forum app but I saw it was taken off the market because Tapatalk bought them out and is developing their own app. I really do not miss my Note 2.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    05-26-2013 12:53 PM
60 123