CR-200 wireless car dock is a bust!

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Got mine today. Works like a charm. I have mine mounted to the windshield. Not sure I want to mount it to the dash. I'm persnickety about things not being able to come off. I left the protective plastic on the suction cup so it doesn't ruin the stickiness, used an alcohol wipe to clean the windshield and it works great.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I got mine today, but when I tap the NFC, to start the car dock accessory app, it keeps asking me to accept or ignore. When I hit accept, it pops back up again and again and again. When I hit ignore, it does the same thing and keeps popping up with the accept or ignore prompt.. How do I shut that off?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I got mine today, but when I tap the NFC, to start the car dock accessory app, it keeps asking me to accept or ignore. When I hit accept, it pops back up again and again and again. When I hit ignore, it does the same thing and keeps popping up with the accept or ignore prompt.. How do I shut that off?

Never mind, I figured it out. You're not supposed to keep the phone in the dock with the NFC constantly in range. Tap the dock, hit accept, then place the phone in the dock so the NFC on the phone is facing away from the NFC on the dock. Works perfectly now.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Got mine today. Works like a charm. I have mine mounted to the windshield. Not sure I want to mount it to the dash. I'm persnickety about things not being able to come off. I left the protective plastic on the suction cup so it doesn't ruin the stickiness, used an alcohol wipe to clean the windshield and it works great.

The suction cup is pretty strong. I put mine on my slightly textured dash without that little adapter plate and it feels pretty solid.

ricsip

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Timothy, Jeff, Mandos:
If one of you could do a favor, and read the CR-200 NFC tag with an NFC tag reader app, and post the content here, I can test if the tag can be programmed to a cheap sticker as well, to activate the driving mode on my 920, that would be great (doesnt cost you anything, but would save me 100$)

demonp82

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I would just ask the owners of CR200, how it performs? With lumia 920 and here drive. I'm asking because for now I use a small Belkin charger in the car (5V, 1A), but the battery drains faster than charging with navigation. Please tell me your expirience.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The car charger, like the desktop charging plates, is 12 volt 0.75 amp. Of course, it's going to step down the voltage, which I'm guessing it may do between the coils of the charger and the phone's Qi coil. Take that 12v/0.75a down to 5v, and you end up with 1.8a. Which would mean that the phone will charge faster wirelessly. Now keep in mind that there will be some loss in the wireless process, and that will depend on a few things (including how thick your case is, if you have one), but I really doubt you're going to lose 0.8 amps or more.

My own experience is that if using Drive and streaming bluetooth with my corded charger (which I never looked at for current supplied), the phone would slowly deplete the battery. I made a Frankenstein charger, using a DT-900 charging plate because I didn't want to spend $75 or more for the CR-200 (and because I wanted a different mounting style), and not only does my phone now maintain, but it charges. I did a test and went from 88% to 100% in 25 minutes or less (I don't know exactly when it hit 100) while using drive and streaming Bluetooth podcast. Here's my rig:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-928/234557-2.htm#post2061550

demonp82

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanx I've seen your Frankenstein already! Thats cool! But the problem is - I do not have a wireless plate neither. So I have to start from 0 in all cases.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
The sticky pad broke off mine to I used the power adapter supplied with the holder and a dt-900 pad and made my own diy car charger...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes