What do you do when phone freezes

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just curious about the embedded batt, my 810 once in a while will freeze when trying to do a restart a batt pull always gets it back online in the field. What do you guys/girls do when this happens when your out and about?

cgallaer

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I've only had my Lumia freeze twice since I've had it. You can do a 'soft' reset by holding down the volume (down) button and the lock/power at the same time. The phone reboots pretty quickly.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I have to pull the battery on my Lumia 521 when it freezes. And it's frozen at least 5 times in the month I've been using it. It's also randomly restarted at least 2 times that I am aware of. Is this common across all WP devices, or is it just my phone?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have to pull the battery on my Lumia 521 when it freezes. And it's frozen at least 5 times in the month I've been using it. It's also randomly restarted at least 2 times that I am aware of. Is this common across all WP devices, or is it just my phone?

its just your phone I would guess, but 5 times a month doesnt seem too bad. i want to say it could be a problem with your phone, but it doesnt seem that frequent...?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been lucky with my 920 because it's only frozen once. I did a soft reset. I won't dare use Words with Friends on it like I did my 810 because I'm afraid a soft reset might not even work (had to do a battery pull on the 810 once thanks to that app).

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've only had my Lumia freeze twice since I've had it. You can do a 'soft' reset by holding down the volume (down) button and the lock/power at the same time. The phone reboots pretty quickly.

What I mean is when you do that and the phone gets stuck on goodbye. The only way for me is to pull the batt without having to do a hard reset I've only done it twice since I've had the phone. That's one of the reasons why I didn't get the 8X.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
What I mean is when you do that and the phone gets stuck on goodbye. The only way for me is to pull the batt without having to do a hard reset I've only done it twice since I've had the phone. That's one of the reasons why I didn't get the 8X.

You can wait until the phone dies which isn't too practical, or do the volume down/power button trick to restart the phone even if it is on the goodbye screen. Not positive tho.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2