TuneIn radio bluetooth streaming

Calvin Cooper1

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I cant seem to get my 928 to stream bluetooth to my car radio. If I turn bluetooth off then tunein plays just fine off the phone. But once bluetooth is turned back on the app stops playing and trys to connect. I have no issues playing music on my phone this way, just the tunein app.

Is there a fix? Or something I should do differently?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't have issues with my 920. I will say though that the TuneIn app on Windows and Windows Phone are considerably worse than their counterparts on other OSes. As a general rule, if the station stays at "connecting", press stop then play again. This will work most of the time if the station is available.

You can always try uninstalling it then reinstall it and restart the phone.

I love being able to search for certain shows on TuneIn, but the app sucks on WP!

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used TuneIn Radio yet on WP, so out of curiosity just installed it. I see something similar as what you're describing. I don't have my car available, but tested BT connection to a couple different headsets as well as to my laptop. It looks like when changing BT status (connecting / disconnecting receiver), TuneIn will either shut-down altogether, requiring you to restart the app of course, or stop the feed and then go to "connecting". However, if in the "connecting" status, if I let it sit long enough (less than 1 minute), it will reconnect to the stream.

Edit: Just tried iHeart Radio. While it handles changes in BT status more gracefully (app never shut down), it still took a bit of time for the stream to continue.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon