Wifi broken?

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
My wife's 928 stopped picking up Wifi the other day. Gets the message that "can't connect" when trying to launch it manually. Wifi networks are showing up on the wifi list, by doesn't connect. Sometimes out of the blue the phone randomly connects but then drops and goes.to cellular.

I did a hard reset on her phone and was able to connect to Wifi at the start of the process last night. This morning we noticed that Wifi was not connected again and we got the can't connect message again when trying to manually connect.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Although probably not an issue, I'd try to restart the router if you haven't already.

It could potentially be a hardware problem that has just developed.
Or the wireless could just happen to be wife's-phone-ist

sicnus

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Try this: Settings - Cellular - For limited WiFi connectivity - Dont use cellular data. I had the same issue & this is one of the things I tried & it works fine now.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you saying to select "don't use cellular data" or "use cellular data"? I have a 928 also without the Wifi problem and my option was already set to "don't use cellular data". It will be interesting to see what my wife's 928 is set to.

By the way, her Wifi is now connecting again no problem after doing nothing. I then read the post about resetting the router. We did and her phone reconnected to wifi without a problem. We'll see if it lasts.

Thanks for the replies.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Still drops Wifi and now won't connect to our home Wifi at all. We even used the Nokia software recovery tool and went back to WP8. After that tried to connect to our Wifi network upon starting and we get the message that the phone cant connect. Our wireless router broadcasts standard Wifi and also a 5G broadcast. Stranger thing is the phone can connect to the 5G network, but not the standard one???? We were at Lowes today and I connected to their free Wifi, but her couldn't.

Any help out there would be appreciated!

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon