Lumia 928 vs other devices' screen input

cesarg

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I have some months now with my Lumia 928 just after my 820's screen got crashed and it's been a good experience so far but wouldn't say it's the best.

The only "upgrade" I actually feel after buying the 928 is the slightly better camera and the 32gb of storage which is not that of an upgrade since now we will be able to store apps in microSD cards.

Now, there's something I've noticed about the screen that it's kind of weird. First, glance screen is not as bright as in the 820... if you're under the sun light it's practically impossible to see the time or glance notifications. Second, I'd say the screen is a little bit less responsive. I'm not saying it lags or that it's unresponsive but it's just not as smooth as in the 820 or my friend's 920.

Have you guys with a verizon 928 noticed something like this? Maybe it's just mine.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I use a 925.. so im not qualified to answer your question, but im just wondering if tried playing around with the settings? also are you running 8.1?

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Agree about Glance under sunlight. But can't comment on touch responsiveness since its only WP I own (710 off boat because it's muuuch slower). But it works great for me, not complaining at all

sicnus

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I think Glance is supposed to be dim, to save power & wear/tear. Make sure Night Mode is off, the setting is towards the bottom in setting>glance

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

cesarg

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Makes sense, as I said, it's not that bad, it's only that I've had the chance to compare this 928 with my previous windows phones and the differences are noticeable.

Vernon Amos

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
You're right. I got to try out a 925 for a bit and the 928 screen may look the same but the touch response is nowhere near as smooth or accurate as the 925.

Its not a showstopper but its definitely a real thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes