Just ordered. Tell me about the Lumia 928.

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
My HTC 8X took a crap on me. Since I want to hold out for the new Microsoft phones this fall, I decided to get a used phone on the cheap. Went with the Lumia 928. Haven't gotten it in the mail yet, but just wondering what you can tell me about the phone. Your general experiences. Thanks.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
It'll be similar to the 8x - but with a far, far better main camera. It runs 8.1 very nicely. When I upgraded to my Icon, I kept hold of my 928 for use as a spare, and now, with W10, a tester.

As a phone to hold you over for a few months or so, you could do far, far worse.

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Received it and the touch screen is not reading touches correctly. It took me 15 minutes just to get through the initial phone setup because of this. I've heard about touch screen issues with this phone. Do the updates rectify them? Trying to get it updated now, but can't get connected to WiFi since the touch screen is pretty much non-functional at this point. Hoping there's a quick update to address the screen.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Received it and the touch screen is not reading touches correctly. It took me 15 minutes just to get through the initial phone setup because of this. I've heard about touch screen issues with this phone. Do the updates rectify them? Trying to get it updated now, but can't get connected to WiFi since the touch screen is pretty much non-functional at this point. Hoping there's a quick update to address the screen.

The best update in this case would be to probably ship it back as defective - if it were me.

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Well it's a used one off of ebay. Would like to get it working if I can. Hoping an update fixes the screen. Will play around with it a bit to see if I can get it working. If not, back it goes.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well it's a used one off of ebay. Would like to get it working if I can. Hoping an update fixes the screen. Will play around with it a bit to see if I can get it working. If not, back it goes.

That's not normal, updates don't usually fix defective hardware either. Could potentially try the WPRT, which would update and erase the phone in one swoop.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Man wake up from your dream, why would an update fix this? Seems pretty defective to me.

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm in no dream. The reason it was doing that was the charger sent with the phone. I had been keeping it plugged in because the phone shipped completely dead. When I unplug it from the cheap charger sent with it, it works fine. Also, using my charger from my old HTC 8x, it works fine. Charger in the garbage.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm in no dream. The reason it was doing that was the charger sent with the phone. I had been keeping it plugged in because the phone shipped completely dead. When I unplug it from the cheap charger sent with it, it works fine. Also, using my charger from my old HTC 8x, it works fine. Charger in the garbage.

Oh well, you did not mention this earlier, this happened to me once, i think the charger is sending a little bit more amps than the phone needs.

but again, what does the updating has anything to do with it.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Had this phone for 2 years and I still love it. Its maybe a little slower than the latest and greatest but I think the smoothness of the OS makes it less noticeable. A two year old Android would probably be a stuttering mess by now and would need an occasional hard resetting and app purging.

The camera is still impressive even without the xenon flash. Night shots don't scare me. It shoots better than my cousins latest Nexus Phone. (He works for Google)

I probably conduct at least 90% of my business on this phone and has never let me down.

I had to replace my phone once because the headphone jack was giving me problems (apparently a well know issue)

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have my 928 updated thru Denim and it is a backup if my Icon dies. My 928 ran like a champ. I won't hesitate going back to it if something happens to my Icon prior to the New W10 pones being released.

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I've been happy with it up to this point. Aside from that charger snafu, it's been flawless. And the charger issue was of no fault to the phone, obviously.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
yep, it happened to me a few times, some bad quality chargers, also when swyping the screen with 2 fingers like doing pinch-zoom it might get crazy, just lock it and unlock it again, the only thing that bothers me is the capacitive keys with their yellowish color, and what I love the most is the extreme blacks, glance screen and xenon flash, hope my w10 upgrade keeps all that, and in comparison with the 8X it feels like a tank, but the 8X's front cam is a bit better actually

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I also have the 928 running windows 10 it's a great phone I love it, just remember if you upgrade to windows 10 to do the master reset at the end is the best.

Ashish Lakshmanan

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I also have the 928 running windows 10 it's a great phone I love it, just remember if you upgrade to windows 10 to do the master reset at the end is the best.

HI,

Lumia 928 had some issues, if u are on an unlocked one and using outside verizon, like...
1. Does not let you send sms while Data is on . ( You hve to switch to 2G, or turn data off and wait around 30 sec till u can send an sms)
2. It doesn't let you do the Internet connection sharing, ( remember, that my device is not locked, and i m not in verizon network, I have free data and my provider is not restricting me from doing the internet connection sharing - [ tested by using the sim in another android phone ]

Are these two issues present in windows 10 preview you are using ?

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 928 since release, about 2 1/2 years. It's been nothing but awesome! For the past couple of weeks it's been acting up and I figure it's time may be up soon. I'm on Verizon, the windows phone haters and they don't have a flagship device anymore. Looks like they may not. I don't want to switch providers and have done a lot of looking. I don't want an Android or a ifruit, so yesterday I ordered a 928 from New Egg and got it for $156.00. I'm hoping and praying that it's not a refurb, which I had plenty of experience with 3 Thunderbolts and 3 of the next model. According to their site if if doesn't say refurbished in the add, which it didn't, it would be new. That would be a dream come true at this point as I paid $500 for my original one. I'll post back in a couple of days to give a thumbs up or down. If it's truly new, I'll use the old one to mess around with w10

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I've had mine since release and I noticed it was acting up more recently. Touchscreen not responding was a biggest annoyance. I bought an Icon and was highly considering giving it to my dad and getting a 928 again...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital