04-30-2018 06:14 PM
884 1234 ...
tools
    Just got mine today, also gets very hot in the lower right corner. I was thinking of sending the phone back in, but I guess it doesn't matter if it's a universal issue :(. I don't think its related to the data usage,at least not for me. I find that when the screen is off it cools down and doing normal tasks gets it hot slowly. Quite disappointing, hope it can be fixed with a firmware update, what do you guys suggest?:)
    I agree, I don't find a relation with data usage either, and I also don't find a relation with high CPU usage; WP 8.1 is becoming a complex SO, so I don't know what it's doing in the background, anyway I was not doing anything special in the foreground.
    07-08-2014 12:17 AM
    just found one: while scrolling the start screen here and there, suddenly the GUI zoomed as if I had activated a sort of magnify; clearly a bug as the GUI responded to touch input as the zoom was not there, so everything was cluttered. no way to zoom out until a soft reset.
    it seems this is not a bug, just double tap with two fingers. do it again an the zoom goes away.
    07-08-2014 12:20 AM
    Yeah, I doubt its the os, been running 8.1 flawlessly on my Ativ S and Lumia 630. I just hope that it's fixable with a software update :)
    07-08-2014 12:26 AM
    Just got mine today, also gets very hot in the lower right corner. I was thinking of sending the phone back in, but I guess it doesn't matter if it's a universal issue :(. I don't think its related to the data usage,at least not for me. I find that when the screen is off it cools down and doing normal tasks gets it hot slowly. Quite disappointing, hope it can be fixed with a firmware update, what do you guys suggest?:)
    Yep, can't be returned because of this issue, although if you're left handed it wouldn't be a problem :) hopefully a firmware update will fix it.

Just to add to the list of defects, I'm facing the purple hue issue in automatic brightness, not so much of a biggy until people started posting that it was an "issue"
    07-08-2014 03:53 AM
    Yep, can't be returned because of this issue, although if you're left handed it wouldn't be a problem :) hopefully a firmware update will fix it.

Just to add to the list of defects, I'm facing the purple hue issue in automatic brightness, not so much of a biggy until people started posting that it was an "issue"
    I'm right handed, I can do with the heat but the fact that heat it spending so much of my precious battery power, is what bothers me :)
    07-08-2014 05:53 AM
    Is it me or does anyone else's phone get really hot at the bottom right with mobile data usage? I'm finding it hard to hold.

Gets a bit warm (bottom right) but no where near to hard to hold. Been using my device for 4 days or so (email x 3, whatsapp, music, maps)
    07-08-2014 02:18 PM
    Bottom right? By the speaker?

Nokia Lumia 930 RM-1045 Service Manual L1L2 for Nokia Care

Not much seems to be in the corners, but the right (by speaker) does seem to have more components.
    07-08-2014 05:07 PM
    Anybody else's screen seem to be a bit darker on one side with a grey background?

When on the normal homescreen with a black image the screen is perfectly black. However when I am on a screen with a greyish background (ie setting the country, setting the alarm time etc the grey background is a darker grey on the right hand side.

Is this just mine or is this normal?

Thanks
    07-09-2014 03:46 AM
    As far as I know, the purple hue on the screen is an issue that can be solved through a firmware update, just like it happened with the Icon.

Can somebody confirm this for me?
    07-09-2014 06:56 AM
    Bottom right? By the speaker?

Nokia Lumia 930 RM-1045 Service Manual L1L2 for Nokia Care

Not much seems to be in the corners, but the right (by speaker) does seem to have more components.

Nah the other side. Exactly where the cpu is I guess. Which also makes sense regarding the heat source
    07-09-2014 11:02 AM
    Now i have mine I can see what you all mean, the back does heat up. Hopefully can be sorted via a software update.

Purple haze on screen I cant really see it if I'm honest. The screen is gorgeous to look at and use. Massively impressed.
    Roland Stoll likes this.
    07-09-2014 11:47 AM
    I've found something regarding the heating in the right corner. If you turn off the option to use your mobile data when the wifi signal isn't strong enough, it seems to reduce the heat. Not much, but a little it seems.
    07-09-2014 12:18 PM
    Not sure if you could class this as a bug or defect. Just something i have noticed....

Does anyone else feel the bright orange (or green for that matter) will add additional colour to images such as close up shots? Now i have the phone in hand, i noticed it when trying to do a close up shot earlier.

How are you finding the bright colours and taking photos?
    07-10-2014 05:29 AM
    Display -> adjust color profile
    Sent from my Lumia 720 using Tapatalk
    07-10-2014 05:37 AM
    Display -> adjust color profile
    Sent from my Lumia 720 using Tapatalk
    And this will reduce the brightness on the back of my Orange Lumia 930 ? ;) lol
    xivius and rianext like this.
    07-10-2014 06:06 AM
    Not sure if you could class this as a bug or defect. Just something i have noticed....

Does anyone else feel the bright orange (or green for that matter) will add additional colour to images such as close up shots? Now i have the phone in hand, i noticed it when trying to do a close up shot earlier.

How are you finding the bright colours and taking photos?
    Haven't noticed this on my green 930.
    07-10-2014 07:39 AM
    can you upload full resolution photos now?

To say Facebook, email, onedrive etc?

I can do this with an iPhone, but i understand there is a limitation with WP8
    07-10-2014 08:35 AM
    I just got nokia lumia 930 orange one in malaysia, when pressing the volume up/down keys the screen is very dark purple. Is there any solution?. And i tried the camera with default settings, photos are not that quality. I cant able to put nano sim into the tray. Just trying in diff ways
    07-10-2014 08:55 AM
    And this will reduce the brightness on the back of my Orange Lumia 930 ? ;) lol

Just shoot black and white then
    thatuxguy likes this.
    07-10-2014 10:08 AM
    I just got nokia lumia 930 orange one in malaysia, when pressing the volume up/down keys the screen is very dark purple. Is there any solution?. And i tried the camera with default settings, photos are not that quality.
    Purple, have not noticed this myself, but the front camera has a purple tint to it. As for the quality, i have noticed its not great but that's because it uses the 5MP image on the phone for the preview. If you go into refocus on the nokia camera app you see the larger better image.

I cant able to put nano sim into the tray. Just trying in diff ways
    You need to slide it in rather than drop it in like on an iPhone.
    07-10-2014 10:23 AM
    Thanks for reply. We can't see the full resolution in photos hub?. It seems so many people had the purple color issues in their phones
    thatuxguy likes this.
    07-10-2014 08:25 PM
    This has already been discussed extensively in other forums:

- blurry text when scrolling and discoloration issues when scrolling
    - choppy scrolling in many apps
    - phone doesn't seem to be as fast as it should be. Apps load slowly
    - keyboard autocorrect lags a bit, making it necessary to manually correct words all the time, although the phone does recognize the mistakes and underlines them, it's too slow to correct them while typing.
    - bad viewing angles resulting in discoloration when the screen is tilted
    - the phone gets hot in the lower right corner
    - autofocus is terribly slow.

But at least the general consensus is that it's exceptionally well built :-)
    07-10-2014 11:30 PM
    I got Nokia treasure tag free with Lumia 930. I tried to sync between both the devices usinf NFC but its failed. Is anyone sync these both devices successfully?. Where can we find the NFC area(i mean not in phone settings, around the phone) ?. Bcoz the manual says , bring both devices near where they have NFC .
    07-11-2014 03:43 AM
    I got Nokia treasure tag free with Lumia 930. I tried to sync between both the devices usinf NFC but its failed. Is anyone sync these both devices successfully?. Where can we find the NFC area(i mean not in phone settings, around the phone) ?. Bcoz the manual says , bring both devices near where they have NFC .
    Im having the same issue, sync'd find with my iPhone but not this. BLE must be enabled now as it has the cyan update and it can detect the device!

The NFC area is around the camera lens, if you tap it all it does it send a pair action to your device, it wont actually do much else as that's really a limitation of NFC.

I will keep trying if i get it working i will let you know more.
    07-11-2014 04:00 AM
    Oh, actually i didnt tried with bluetooth on. Anyway thnks for reply. If u pair it successfully , can u pls post it here. And also where can we find full resolution photos , onedrive or photos hub. I am new to windows phone 8. thats y i keep asking doubts:
    07-11-2014 04:06 AM
884 1234 ...