Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

thenanoguy

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I do. It's a known issue that some Lumia 930s/Icon have a design issue that causes two of the four microphones to become defective in time. Weird thing is, that if you blow air into the speaker microphone, it actually senses that sound, but otherwise it won't work, and all apps that don't use the bottom microphones will not work properly. For example, Voice Recorder doesn't work, WhatsApp voice messages come with no sound (like you said), and for some people, recording vertical video makes the app use the defective microphones.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Yes, I do. It's a known issue that some Lumia 930s/Icon have a design issue that causes two of the four microphones to become defective in time. Weird thing is, that if you blow air into the speaker microphone, it actually senses that sound, but otherwise it won't work, and all apps that don't use the bottom microphones will not work properly. For example, Voice Recorder doesn't work, WhatsApp voice messages come with no sound (like you said), and for some people, recording vertical video makes the app use the defective microphones.

What camera app is that causes the fault? Currently, it can be selected "Lumia camera" or just "Camera" app for taking photos and recording videos. As I read, some app can cause the damage of the mic 3 and 4 (top mics) because try to use them in a diferent way that the hardware allows (with HW revision .2 and .3 devices).

Having the 3 and 4th mics broken, "Camera" app can record with sound without problems. I'm sure of that. I wish to know this because I want to repair the mics, and don't get them broken again after camera usage.

webvan

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Can't see how an app could cause a hardware problem. What the previous poster was saying is that some apps can still work even with the top microphones being defective.

I think he had a good point about the top microphones (3&4) becoming defective over time because I recently got a sealed 930 and the top microphones were indeed defective ! Not completely as they still recorded some sound but the volume was extremely low.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99