Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

MrLeeeet

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently on my second 930. The first one had a gap between the screen and the metal strip plus some dust under the screen.

This second handset ain't much better.. The guys over at QC seriously need some proper glasses because the quality of this flagship is below expectations. I now have a phone with loose buttons, purple hue and a screen that isn't properly sinked, it's almost like the glue didn't apply succesfully. For now I'm keeping this one. I hate the whole exchange ritual.

TheContact

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Can't seem to find anything but..anyone finding that panning side to side on a dark screen, say dark theme going from start screen to app list and back, light areas fade in at the sides.

It's like it's slow to light up, but it only happens going side to side. Up/down seems fine :/ May be related to the purple tint thing as the fade is purple.

Nikito27

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I got purple hue and just noticed that while on EDGE the phone's whites flicker, can anyone try and put phone on 2G and see if it happens to them? Put 2G, open IE (White screen) and it should flicker

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I got purple hue and just noticed that while on EDGE the phone's whites flicker, can anyone try and put phone on 2G and see if it happens to them? Put 2G, open IE (White screen) and it should flicker
Mine was flickering (white) a lot today, but it's not 2G related.

Maxx5600

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I do have a Problem with my Lumia 930 and the SMS functionality. It's reproducable that SMS are not sent properly. If I send e.g. 5 SMS with different content, they are received on an other device in different order and sometimes with a huge delay. I also had few times the problem that the sms didn't arrived anyway. The test was done with two different SIM cards and different providers. I think, that the problem is located in the radio firmware and not in WP8.1 itself. A friend of mine operates hit Lumia 920 with WP8.1 Preview without compareable troubles.

Does anybody else also having the same problem?

Regards,
Maxx

Last edited:

sup3r1or

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else has or noticed issues with signal? Everytime I pick up my phone in my hands the signal is fluctuating up and down. It will drop from H to E or 3G. Sometimes it will loose connection to wi-fi completely.

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else has or noticed issues with signal? Everytime I pick up my phone in my hands the signal is fluctuating up and down. It will drop from H to E or 3G. Sometimes it will loose connection to wi-fi completely.
It doesn't loose connection to WiFi on mine but, it does drop signal. From LTE or H+ straight to EDGE and sometimes no signal at all.

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I experienced the bad reception and changing between edge, h plus (where is my plus sign?) and 4g/ lte too. Strange it fluctuats between 3 bars of lte and egde. I think the coverage wasn't too good. My gfs 920 had no problems though.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I just recently noticed that when I'm calling and I put my 930 up against my ear the screen stays on! Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think my proximity sensor is broken or it's just a bug? Does anyone know of a good way to test the proximity sensor?

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
If you don't use the phone heavily could it be the carrier changing line because of busy lines/frequency???
Yeah, that could be the reason. Another thing I often see is that when this happens, it takes a long time to jump back to LTE. It'll stay at E for quite some time, enough to get me to the settings and turn off and on the mobile data switch and the airplane mode.

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I just recently noticed that when I'm calling and I put my 930 up against my ear the screen stays on! Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think my proximity sensor is broken or it's just a bug? Does anyone know of a good way to test the proximity sensor?
My only issue with the proximity sensor is it takes to long for the screen to light up again after putting down the phone.

CarHar

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Has anyone else experienced a problem loading the front facing camera with their 930?

I didn't test it in the first 28 days & now it may need sending off for repairs which is very disappointing. I have spoken with Nokia who suggested a hard rest but this has not fixed the problem so they suggest it is a hardware fault. When I select front facing camera the screen just goes black & then loads the home page again.

I don't have a spare phone to use whilst mine is being repaired so haven't sent it off yet. anyone had the same issue or know of a fix?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon