Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

Brian Ngai

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi I got my new 930 since Oct 18 and I have changed the phone 3 times to the shop due to display flicking and often the whole screen flashing when browsing thru the Facebook, Instagram or some other third part Apps. I feel very unhappy for this poor screen display handling appears in such a profound Lumia product. Shall I go to the shop and change the 4th one again? If this is a design issue (not sure if its HW or SW), it wouldn't help how many times I go to the shop and change. Additional information: I have a Lumia 630, which works okay. Could that be the display differences (AMOLED) in 930 and (LED) in 630? Please help and share your view. Thanks alot.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 930 nearly a month and have not noticed this problem at all during that time.
If you've already changed it and have the same problem it could be a bad batch at the shop. You could try again or get a refund and get it from elsewhere.

victorreis777

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I would buy lumia 1520, but it's too big to carry on pocket ... So i decided to take a look on lumia 930, and unfortunately the screen is led. Anyone had burn in? The color profile can solve the yellowish white characteristic of led screens? And what about that purple/green gradient problem on screen?

Thank you very much!

Lemmiwinkles

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
No burn-in.

Yellow problem is fixed with colour profile (now whiter than my 1020)

Same for the green/purple issue. Just make sure you update to the latest everything. I do get some strange flickering every now and then though now but its hard to notice and only for a second or two.

Brian Ngai

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Rick. Here Hong Kong does not practise refund from detailers. The best shopping service of some reputable names is giving an exchange to the same product within the first 10 days of purchase. If any problem found on the purchased product after the first 10 days, the shop will not be responsible but rests upon the brand service centre. Therefore my 930 will not be exchangeable by the shop but go to Nokia care centre Hong Kong. The warranty period by Nokia is 1 yr from the date of purchase.

Balkana

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I am having some strange bug after tapping on screen several(rapidly) times. Happened two weeks ago in eBay app and it just happened again while playing Tetris. Screen went to 200% or more like if I used magnifier and only way to fix it was by restarting phone. Is this normal or what? :/

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone got an issue of taking pics? When I take a pic using the camera button, it won't stop taking pics unless I exit the program. I don't think the camera button is stuck down otherwise it would keep opening the camera app all the time.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone got an issue of taking pics? When I take a pic using the camera button, it won't stop taking pics unless I exit the program. I don't think the camera button is stuck down otherwise it would keep opening the camera app all the time.

Could be though as you have to hold the camera button to launch the app. As you said you've taken a pic and then it carries on taking them.
My first 930 had a camera button fault where the half/focus press didn't work, it just took the photo. The button felt fine, didn't stick but the half way press wouldn't work.

Balkana

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Today I felt like my pants(leg) was on fire. When I realized it I took phone out and went to check why was it that hot ... Looks like IE was 'running' in background even though it says 'Not allowed' and it drained my battery a lot, atleast 20% during one hour period of that IE running in 'background'.

Lumia 930 with developers preview.

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Recently my double tap to wake has stopped working. My screen doesn't activate when my alarm goes off, and when I initiate a call the screen blacks out immediately and doesn't come on till I press the power button. All pointing to an issue with the proximity sensor. If I press the top right of the screen in the issues above go away for a short while so the sensor may be ok but the screens popped out a bit.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Today I felt like my pants(leg) was on fire. When I realized it I took phone out and went to check why was it that hot ... Looks like IE was 'running' in background even though it says 'Not allowed' and it drained my battery a lot, atleast 20% during one hour period of that IE running in 'background'.

Lumia 930 with developers preview.

My 930 gets extremely hot at times, something my 925 almost never did. When running Assassins Creed Unity Companion App it's almost hot enough to melt glue

Nordes

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Has anyone else experienced a problem loading the front facing camera with their 930?

I didn't test it in the first 28 days & now it may need sending off for repairs which is very disappointing. I have spoken with Nokia who suggested a hard rest but this has not fixed the problem so they suggest it is a hardware fault. When I select front facing camera the screen just goes black & then loads the home page again.

I don't have a spare phone to use whilst mine is being repaired so haven't sent it off yet. anyone had the same issue or know of a fix?

I actually have the same issue with the back and front camera. I've sent it once for repair and now it is yet again in repair. The back camera stopped working 2 weeks after they changed the both camera.

I guess it's an hardware problem (board... or whatever). This is truly annoying. I hope this time my phone will be fixed properly.

krashek

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I have an interesting but quite a "not cool" problem.

here is a white line of display missing right above the navigation buttons. What does it mean? When I launch some apps, there is a pixel gap of white screen at the bottom. Anyone has the same problem?

Jason Hendry

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
personally im amazed at the Lumia battery lasts well within a day sometimes into 2. And you get a wireless charging plate free for those very intensive days, gpsing lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon