Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I just left mine at the Care Centre for the exact same problem. HOWEVER, you should say "shame on you, Microsoft Mobile". The 930 has already been manufactured under Microsoft Mobile's watch (if you remove your sim card and pull out the little tray where the IMEI is written, you'll see Microsoft Mobile written there). So it's Microsoft's Mobile poor poor poor quality control.

After I found out this, I started to understand why the 930 has SO. MANY. PROBLEMS.

I still love the 930 and is an amazing machine but very bad construction for an high end phone.

Kareem Kamel

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
The Loudspeaker. I just switched from a Nexus 5 which had a lousy loudspeaker the lumia 930,is better but some ringtones make really distorted noise that sound awful. My wife has a lumia 920 and oh how fantastic the speakers there are.. With even a small touch of punchy clear bass. Clearly audible on the bouncey ringtone.

Also why doesnt auto correct and swype work with all applications .. Theres a conssistency issue here. Same with the quick toggles on the action center. Wifi opens settings, but bluetooth toggles on/off.

Small stuff I know but its a great phone. Nothing major to report :)

vestasan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello. Do you have issues with display flickering, when on bad coverage with 2g / edge? My second 930 has this bug, going to Nokia care tomorrow.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
they dont fix it... All have little flickering on 2G, its not only on few...

Indeed they won't fix it at Nokia Care as it is not a hardware problem. But the problem isn't only on 2G like some are saying. I am always on 4G and Wifi and I too have it. But it'll go away eventually, after a few days I almost don't have if anymore...

vestasan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I thought it is a hardware issue. Are you sure it's software? Besides, maybe you just got used to it... Or phone is couple of days old. Hope there is an update, cause flickering screen is really painful to watch at... :(

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought it is a hardware issue. Are you sure it's software? Besides, maybe you just got used to it... Or phone is couple of days old. Hope there is an update, cause flickering screen is really painful to watch at... :(

Yes it is software, why else has everybody have this exact same problem after the Denim update. It is not like the update breaks your phone ;). Also, yes it will go away after a few days. Each day since the update it happened less.

vestasan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Strange... Ok, we will wait, there is about a week left, when we can return the phone. The flickering I'm talking about is not auto brightness flickering, but horizontal lines, when connection is bad / or there is interference from PC for example. 1-2 sec long. It's like in old tv sets. Do you have same issue?

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere that this is hardware issue and unfortunately, very popular one... :((

Im sorry to hear that. The problem you described in your previous post doesn't occur on my phone, and indeed I think that is a hardware problem. My apologies as I thought you meant the 'flickering' most people noticed after the Denim update where the screen briefly turns of and on again but your problem seems much worse ;(

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere that this is hardware issue and unfortunately, very popular one... :((

I'm going for the 3rd 930 replacement. My first two 930 had hardware problems but none of them were that flickering. I'm now sure I'm getting that one on the next unit...

FelipeVenhorst

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's not. My 920 has the buttons all at the same level and so does my 930. The buttons on the 930 are more sunk than the ones on the 920, yes, however, it's not normal the discrepancy he has on his phone.

I took a look at one in a Store, the only one I?ve found, have the same "problem", power button too low, seesaw movement, I guess I can?t compare the international market with the "made in brazil" phone.
I have opened a ticket with nokia support, but it will be just waste of time.
My problem was to have a L920 before, it make me have a higher standard on phones, the lumia 930 has a better hardware but no a better phone.

tooly26

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Got this display flickering too. But after a few days its gone. It comes back if I change something in display color settings for a few minutes
gEtApATaLkEd

vestasan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This is what I got from Microsoft moderator on official forum regarding display flickering on 2g/edge.

Welcome to our community.

We understand you. This is not a sign that device itself would be faulty. GSM-900 network interference can sometimes be seen on screen as lines but it only can happen in weak network conditions when phone is transmitting with full power and customer may hold phone in certain way to attenuating the antenna performance down.

For other questions, let us know.

vestasan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This is not a sign that device itself would be faulty. )))
Exactly my thoughts... I have sent this guy an email, to make it clear, if all the phones have this hardware feature and if it likely to be corrected in the future.
I have switched E GSM 900 off (##3282#) and so far I didn't experience this flickering.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My problem was to have a L920 before, it make me have a higher standard on phones, the lumia 930 has a better hardware but no a better phone.

Yes. That's the general experience of all those of us to went for a 930 after the 920. The internals are improved but improvements completely stop there.

Istvan Szitas

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I have a Lumia 930, and i'm disappointed by the camera quality.
Look at my daylight photos. I'm using Lumia Camera Classic default settings. Not edited. Still Lumia Cyan.
I don't think the photos should be that bad. What could be the problem?
WP_20150121_009.jpgWP_20150121_11_08_13_Raw.jpgWP_20150121_11_09_13_Raw.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes